1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Cannibis Treatment for Meniere's

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Jaeger, Jul 27, 2015.

1. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    I never leave the house with anything on me and I never have large amounts.

2. moodymom27

moodymom27 Active Member

I'll stick to my electronic cigarette for now. 3 years no smoking.

3. scott tom

scott tom Active Member

May 14, 2015
    Interesting finding!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3666357/Could-cannabis-cure-Alzheimer-s-Drug-s-active-ingredient-helps-remove-key-toxic-protein-brain-cells.html

4. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    That was a promising article

5. dolfan

dolfan Member

May 20, 2014
    Miami
    yep

6. Artiszan

Artiszan Long live the dizzy one's !

If its relief your looking for then the couple of plants below can and do relieve most of the same things as cannibis without the uncontrollable euphoria. These are daily staples in our house to replace prescribed Pharmaceuticals. You wont get high, but you will feel better. We are both licensed cannibis patients who benefit from having this available but have also found that cannibis is not the only answer, but one of a few to relieve symptoms of Meniere's.

Here are a fews modern methods to get similar relief and benefits that cannabis provides, listed by personal choice:

Cacao – Theobroma cacao
    Another plant with compounds in the cannabimimetic family, the cacao plant has many therapeutic properties and it is known to be a powerful, and delicious superfood, rich in free radical fighting antioxidants. (It would be good to mention the US government holds a patent on CBD for its antioxidant properties) Cacao engages with the endocannabinoid system by deactivating the enzyme called FAAH, which typically breaks down the endocannabinoid known as anandamide, an endogenous cannabinoid produced by the body, and found in breastmilk. Since anandamide is identified to be the body’s natural version of THC, (ananda is a sanskrit word that means “bliss”) eating unprocessed chocolate high in raw cacao increases the amounts of anandamide in the brain because the FAAH enzyme responsible for metabolizing it is less active.

The result is similar to the euphoria many people experience when smoking cannabis – a general mental state of being relaxed and happy – although the result is nowhere near as potent as with smoked cannabis. Researchers at the Neurosciences Institute of San Diego were able to back up the claims that chocolate does contain three compounds that act as healing cannabinoids

Coneflower – Echinacea
    This plant is most famous as an alternative herbal remedy. Common uses include fighting colds, migraine relief, an anti anxiety, and an energy booster. Echinacea does not produce cannabinoids but it does produce a compound in the cannabimimetic category. Similar to THCA (Tetrahydracannabinol acid, the precursor to THC found in raw cannabis before it has been heated and undergone a process known as decarboxylation where a carbon atom is released from the molecule chain thus converting THCA into psychoactive THC) in cannabis, It contains a series of compounds known as N-alkyl amides (NAAs). This compound in echinacea is responsible for regulating the immune system, pain and inflammation. It does this by engaging with CB2 receptors in the lymphatic system.

Black Pepper – Piper nigrum
    Some cannabis strains like Hash Plant have a peppery taste and aroma. The reason for this? They contain high levels of a particular terpenoid known as beta-caryophyllene (BCP). A terpene is a molecule related to aroma. These are found in large concentrations in a plants essential oils. Unsurprisingly, this distinct flavor is also found heavily in black pepper. Fairly recently it was discovered that BCP actually functions as a cannabimimetic. Like many of the other plant compounds listed in this article, BCP has a binding affinity with the CB2 receptor. Research has suggested that the anti-inflammatory compounds of this terpene make it therapeutically valuable for treating conditions like arthritis and osteoporosis. Other research has indicated that BCP can increase the efficacy of anticancer drugs.

Good luck

7. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    I was waiting for your post here, lol.

That's very helpful and informative.
    Are these alternatives a part of the JOH regimen?
    Sometimes euphoria also helps relieve stress and anxiety. At least for me. Without the same effect as benzos.

8. John of Ohio

John of Ohio Active Member

May 17, 2014
    No, none whatsoever.

--John of Ohio

9. MikeB

MikeB Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Interesting info Artiszan, although the "euphoria" from MJ is most definitely
    controllable. If one hit does the job, then don't take two...simple enough.

Without going into all the details, I believe that Cannabis relieves the symptoms
    of MM by attenuating the activity on the vestibular nerve. This is much the same
    action caused by Valium (and it's derivatives).

Think of your vestibular nerve as an electrical wire; one which carries an average
    amount of current created in the inner ear. With Meniere's, the electrical signals
    sent to the brain can "spike", or become irregular, and that is the cause of our
    misery.

Valium (and related drugs) attenuate (ie: lessen) those transient currents so they
    are much reduced by the time they reach the brain.

In my experience, Cannabis performs the same function.

There are a great many parallels between Meniere's and Epilepsy, and I do believe
    that after further research the medical community will come to that conclusion.

10. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    You explain it so much more eloquently than I do.

11. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    I am soooooo stoned right now with a bloody nose.

I was hungry and just ate a few muffins from i brought home from Dunkin' Donuts and what do you know My Sister In Law called me "THE MUFFIN STUFFER", I politely told her that was not nice and if she was going to call me anything having to do with Muffins then to please refer to me as "THE MUFF DIVER" an old nickname my roommates in college gave me for some odd reason.

She slapped me so hard in my face i now have a bloody nose and need another bong hit as i am slightly dizzy and feel woozy.

Thank God for the Magic Dragon and my homemade bong.

I'll let you know how it ends and if i come out of this dizzy spell.

12. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    She did not, you're lying, LOL

13. MikeB

MikeB Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Moderation my friend,...moderation. [​IMG]

First of all, tell the truth...you haven't dived muff (or likely seen one) since "Who flung the chunk"!

Second, stay away from your Sister-in-laws muff...you have no business there.

No wonder you got slapped.

14. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    Ok Ok

I admit the last piece of ass I got was when my finger went through the toilet paper----about 15 minutes ago.

whats up Mike? you doing ok my friend? been throwing the fly line lately?

I'm checking out for a while as I am on vacation in Delaware with the family.

be good!!!!

15. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    Wow Mike you really do know him, LOL.

Pufffffffffffffff

16. IvyDivy

IvyDivy New Member

Jul 29, 2016
    It's legal here in OR and my DH wanted to help me with symptoms so he got me some edibles. I've tried small amounts, like 7mg (not sure if that's right) of pure CBD (the stuff that doesn't get you high) and while it mellowed me out a little, it really didn't help the dizziness and ringing in my ear. I think it must be different for everyone. Still experimenting...

17. MikeB

MikeB Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Ivy, in my experience I've found that MJ does not help or lower
    the loudness of tinnitus..we're just stuck with it.

For future reference, edibles primarily affect the body, and are best
    for issues like colitis and arthritis. For Meniere's it's best to vape or
    smoke, as then it goes immediately to work, and edibles must
    first be processed by the body which can take as long as an hour
    before any benefit is felt.

18. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    I'm trying different strains available from a dispensary.
    I do know that anything with high saliva is not good at all.
    Indica is my key.

I google something like this:
    BLackberry Kush cannibus side effects.
    It's usually Leaffly site.
    They show a graph with the effects of each strain. You know by the higher the effect you want which product will be best.

I still have the Platinum Kush. It seems to me that using one cartridge of the oil verses 1/8 since they're both going for 50-60 the weed lasts a lot longer.

Now...lol...if you buy something called a small turkey bag and use a rubber band to close it but leave it open so you can exhale into it. It's like a double effect for 1/2 the amount.

:)

19. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    Help, Big Problem!!!!!

I have been burning all day and night and now the fire alarm is goingoing off. Kids yelling fire/help, wife batching, both dogs barking, the neighbors calling and knocking on the door and I am so Soooooo stoned. Need advice quickly before fire truck arrives.

20. moodymom27

moodymom27 Active Member

Yikes! I don't have a clue what to tell you. Say you've been sick??? Have the least amount of interaction from them. Surely
    they'll leave quickly when they see it's a false alarm.