1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

CBD oil

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by dizzyrn, Jan 5, 2018.

1. dizzyrn

dizzyrn New Member

Jan 5, 2018
    I used to be on the forums when I was first diagnosed with Meniere's in 2007 but haven't done so for a long time. I have a very atypical type of the disease with loud tinnitus and hyperacusis that cycles (much like labor contractions that build and then ebb) and causes a jolting sensation with "up and down" vertigo (rarely the whirling type). This past year has been horrible, so I'm looking for new treatment options. I have recently been made aware of CBD oil and wonder if anyone has tried it. If so, was it helpful? I have tried every medication under the sun and seen at least a dozen doctors. The only medication that gives me any relief at all is carbamazepine and its effectiveness is waning.

2. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Are we talking about grass?

3. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    The non-THC kind, yes.

Here's my story with CBD. I've had MM for 15ish years. Got bad about a year ago. Tried all the usual stuff, diet, low sodium, diuretic, AV's (still in play) and supplements. I used to be an avid marijuana user until my MM really flared up, then I would just get really anxious and sometimes it would make my fullness unbearable. So I stopped.

Then I heard about CBD. I've been taking the Charlotte's Web Everyday tincture stuff twice a day for a week or maybe 10 days. I can say it really helps out with the anxiety I was suffering from on a daily basis. This anxiety was work related and MM related, a vicious cycle kind of arrangement in my mind. At the amount I'm on now, it's equivalent to about 9mg per dose. I had tried some capsules before that were 15mg each and I may go back to those, or switch to the CW Everyday Plus, which has a higher concentration of CBD.

There are many ways that the CBD is sold, the tincture (instill a couple droppers of oil under your tongue) the capsules (which have to dissolve in you stomach and may not be fully absorbed) and the isolates (powders or chips of 100% CBD...the kind you want if you have an important drug retest coming (CBD contains up to 0.3% THC, so it's possible for it to show up on a test)) and creams that you rub on your skin. I'd go with the tincture oil or the isolate IMO.

As far as combating MM symptoms besides anxiety, well I haven't noticed anything. Perhaps a higher dose may ease things a little more. My tinnitus and fullness just do as they may, regardless of what I have on my to do list that day. I still keep my Valium and zofran in my pocket... Good luck with it and let is know what it does for you!

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. dizzyrn

dizzyrn New Member

Jan 5, 2018
    Thanks for the info. I ended up getting a spray and will see if it helps.

5. Phopshy

Phopshy New Member

Apr 19, 2018
    Hi, I am one of the people who used the CBD as a medicine for my illness I've been suffering MS for about 5 months now and I know it's not that kind of illness that everybody wants to have and unfortunately I'm one of those who has this. One of my friends told me to try this CBD and she also gives me some advice on how I will use this. Then I read this article that CBD can use as a medicine https://www.greenmed.io/blog/declares-cbd-safe-medical-use/

6. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Since you havent been here since 2007, i will ask if you have tried antivirals. They eliminated my tinnitus, a host of weird hearing distortion issues and stopped my progression towards vertigo.

7. Nyynth

Nyynth Member

Apr 3, 2018
    Dumb question, probably. MS as in Multiple Sclerosis?

8. heywally

heywally New Member

May 14, 2014
    Jacksonville Florida
    Re CBD and Menieres .... my history with the disease - I'm 65 and have had symptoms (one ear only, with about 75 % hearing loss) since 1995 or so though I have remained relatively stable (no more debilitating vertigo sessions) after beginning the JOH regimen about 8 years ago.

I've experimented with CBD tincture (mainly 2:1 and 4:1 CBD/THC ratios) over the last two years and haven't noticed much difference in anything (aside from the relaxation) but again, I am mainly symptom free except that I have problems being in a car for too long/on winding roads and still have my hearing loss. I took it mainly for its anti-inflammatory properties and "possible" cancer cell fighting ability (I don't have cancer.)

I've recently stopped using it (it is expensive) and have instead substituted turmeric/curcumin supplements and a big increase in certain vegetables to try and mimic the same anti-inflammatory and cancer suppressing benefits purported for CBD.

9. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Thanks for useful info, all

10. ColemanStr

ColemanStr New Member

Mar 12, 2020
    Hi,actually all depends only from you,find a lot of useful info here