1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

CBD Oil

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by PapaJoe, Aug 27, 2018.

1. sjw111

sjw111 Member

Nov 3, 2016
    CBD holds a lot of promise...but a lot of hype too since I doubt it cures everything. But here IS a big thing. Be very careful to understand how to metabolizes in the liver. (only applicable if you take it orally vs vape etc) A must Google search if you take another drugs. Because the reaction in the liver hypes up many drugs and stops others from being metabolized at all. Think grapefruit only 100x times worse. The workaround is to take it in another form. (vape, topical etc) To save you a little time here is one article... CBD-Drug Interactions: Role of Cytochrome P450

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. PapaJoe

PapaJoe Member

Jun 11, 2014

Thanks for the warning!

I've improved to the point where I'm only taking one prescription med, and sometimes I forget about the drug interactions.

3. teesdale

teesdale Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Earler in this string Clare asked a question about use of the CBD oil. Is it just used to tame a current attack or can it be used a prevention method? Anyone know? Thanks.

• Fistbump/thanks Fistbump/thanks x 1
  4. PapaJoe

PapaJoe Member

Jun 11, 2014
    For me, it's best used as a preventative, take a few drops in the AM. For me, if I'm on the edge of an attack, it might help or it might not. If I start to feel unsteady, I take more, and that usually wards it off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Member

Nov 22, 2016
    I find this posting fascinating. I have been vertigo free for the most part since my new ENT put me back on a diuretic with a potassium supplement. It seems my potassium levels would steadily drop while taking the diuretics. Now my only vertigo attacks have occurred within a few days of receiving MRI's while monitoring an unrelated condition. I believe the contrast injected is causing the attacks. I need to get another mri and I am wondering if CBD might help stop what I fear will happen within 48 hours of the mri. My Dr. said they have no pre-med option. The typical scenario is; I go for the mri which includes a contrast injection, and within 48 hours I experience at least 3 hours of violent vertigo with all the accompanying fun and games. I also experience an additional blessing of several days of general unsteadiness and brain fog. It all fades away after 4-5 days post mri.

6. teesdale

teesdale Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Very interesting. If the response to the pre-MRI injection is so predictable, I wonder what is in that contrast injection. It almost seems like you could reverse engineer it and find something useful in fighting the condition it brings on. Probably doesn't work that way though.