1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Coffee and the ear pressure

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Mindosa, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    I noticed that the coffee is helping me to reduce my ear's pressure. Usually, after waking up in the mornings, my ears pressure is starting to increase. So I am trying to start my day with a strong cup of coffee (without sugar, milk and any food) as soon as possible. After that cup I can feel that my ear’s pressure is starting to subside to a level where I almost no longer feel it. Later on I am making much weaker coffee and sipping it throughout the day. This strategy helps me nearly to avoid the ear's pressure and other MD symptoms during the day.

I don't know why it is working, maybe because caffeine affects blood circulation by narrowing blood vessels and maybe this somehow reduces overall volume in the inner ear and therefore the feeling of pressure decreases?

Also coffee helps those who have migraine, by narrowing blood vessels and by that reducing the head ache. Maybe the same mechanism of action may help for some when you have MAV also?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    I shared this in another MD group and got the response from Lisa:

I find coffee helps me greatly in the morning. My tinnitus & vertigo is at its worst when I wake up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    For me, it doesn't affect ear pressure or tinnitus one way or the other. Doesn't make it better or worse.