1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

condition after taking antivirals

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by ckdk, Jun 1, 2017.

1. ckdk

ckdk Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Unfortunately there is no upper cervical chiropractor near where i live. have to go overseas if I want to try that route.

2. yellow

yellow Member

May 13, 2014
    I totally agree with that June. It accords with the Yellow theorem of triggers and tipping points as described in the Buchholz book, and it is why I do not believe that there is a single answer to the Meniere’s conundrum.

I see it as the building of a dam wall to hold back the vertiginous storm waters. That wall is made up of many building blocks. Some are more obvious than others, but nevertheless a composite multi-facetted defence that we need to erect against the beast. Boosting the immune system is key, as is improving blood flow in the inner ear.

This forum with its pooled resources and shared success stories can provide ideas for building blocks to try. But we each have to erect our own individual walls through a process of trial and error and self-experimentation. There is no magic bullet. Valtrex can be a valuable building block component but not the wall.

When you finish the wall (and arrive at remission whether spontaneous, temporary or whatever) the last brick can seem the most important. It is the one that finally sees the job done. However, it is no more important than any other brick in the wall. That is why I think that we often get false reads.

It could explain why those that suddenly have another attack after a lengthy period of remission will find that one or some of their building blocks were removed. Sudden increase in stress comes to mind caused by say moving, divorce, work related stress, loss of loved ones etc.

I still think that Hiro is onto something big with his theorem.

3. Hiro

Hiro Member

Mar 21, 2017
    ckdk, I think that gingko biloba extract can also be a helpful addition to the portfolio if you don't have other brain or blood issues. In JOH regimen, Gingko extract is unique in helping prevent clot accumulation - Inhibition of platelet activating factor (PAF). There are some cautions and risks with other drugs because preventing clots may also become susceptible to bleeding. I would always take this with either lemon bioflavonoid and/or grape seed extract which can strengthen walls of blood vessels. Others considerations include not to take it with headache medication, and stop 10 days before surgeries or anything that can cause bleeding (like dental operations or medical checkup).

For other consideration, things to widen blood vessels or capillaries may help. E.g. taking moment to have a deep breath (abdominal respiration) and relax, aerobic exercises and taking bath. There is also an article about operations to widen the blood vessel that alleviated the symptom.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/meniere-s-disease-and-blood-flow-could-there-be-a-link-1.3312503

4. yellow

yellow Member

May 13, 2014
    During the 6 month trial period when I was on the JOH regime I had to have an unrelated operation and was asked what drugs and supplements I took. From the depressingly long list that I was able to provide, the one only one that I was told to stop taking prior to the op was Ginkgo Biloba.

I took that to be some EBM confirmation that it was effective. I have continued with it to this day. Perhaps it is one of my important building blocks?

5. scott tom

scott tom Active Member

May 14, 2015
    Were you having more vertigo attacks prior to Valtrex? I would have literally given my right arm to reduce my suffering to one attack per month, or even per week. I was having several long attacks a day near the end. Suicide was imminent.

Unfortunately, a 90% success rate also means a 10% failure rate.

I agree that stress, allergies and food triggers are abundant. That aligns with a viral cause as well, given those things feed the virus. In the end, we don't know for sure what each of us has, or even if we have the same things. These symptoms are mimicked by many different causes, of which a virus is almost certainly one of them, but only one of them.

I wish you all the best in your continued recovery attempts.

6. ckdk

ckdk Member

Jan 8, 2017
    forgot to mention that i also took pine bark extract.

maybe i should add ginko as well as hiro & other have mentioned.

is b12 & coq10 also helpful?

thanks

7. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    As I pack my bags for a road trip, I find I need a separate travel bag for supplements. I figure I will be able to quit eating pretty soon as the supplements alone will make up my meals. ;)

8. scott tom

scott tom Active Member

May 14, 2015
    You do whatever you gotta do to beat this monster.

9. BayMama

BayMama Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Sorry that I didn't see this earlier.

My tinnitus was very weird for the first couple days after taking the AVs, but after that it got much more tolerable. It still fluctuates, but on the AVs I very rarely have the kind of loud alarm that was so very difficult for me before the AVs, and if I do get it, it is very brief. Now it is more of a white noise type thing. The volume, pace, and pitch do fluctuate.

10. BayMama

BayMama Member

Jul 12, 2014
    I believe I had them when I needed new glasses and was having eyestrain, which is a migraine trigger for me. I might have also once had it due to BPPV and the Epley Maneuver fixed the problem. I also had it when I was taking too low a dose for the amount of stress I was having--increasing the dose and taking more lysine resolved that (it took both).

11. ckdk

ckdk Member

Jan 8, 2017
    bytheBay,
    thanks for your info