1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Connection question: Lupus/Raynaud's--wondering

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by yanksgirl, Dec 11, 2017.

1. yanksgirl

yanksgirl Member

May 12, 2014
    Hi,
    Wondering if anyone with Meniere's on this board--has also been diagnosed with either Raynaud's==primary or secondary?

I have had primary for several years--with the hands only being affected. After developing Meniere's and dealing with the symptoms, all explained but one--the awful head pressure/lightheaded feeling that only eases with laying down or just putting one's head back in a recliner---am wondering if perhaps the Raynaud's is causing my problem just mentioned and not the Meniere's?

I was diagnosed after years of the Raynaud's--primary--with Lupus (but then told I didn't have Lupus) but a 'type' of Raynaud's that causes mild itching on skin of hands, arms, legs and the Raynaud's symptom's have worsened. I get 'blue fingers and white too--and toes when I get the least bit cold--and or really stressed.
    Since the head pressure/feeling shaky--and sometimes (actually head will shake) and in extreme cases (like when I had anesthesia and a 'blood patch' done this past year my entire body began to shake uncontrollably.

So, I began to think--this head/dizziness thing may not all be due to Meniere's--but to the Raynaud's getting worse.
    So, I thought I'd post the question here. Are any of you suffering from both of these conditions with the added 'symptom' I mentioned that seems to have no solution to--head pressure and feeling like you'll 'faint' at times? And the 'light head tremor' on occasion and trying to write at times really takes effort as my hands will begin to tremble some.

And have not been told I have Parkinson's or anything of that nature. Just thought this symptom we all complain about--might also have another one and just not mentioned--thinking there was 'no relationship' of one with the other. You nerve know.
    Thanks--Yanksgirl

2. Yanksgirl - I have been diagnosed with Raynaud's but don't know if it is primary or secondary. I'm cold all the time and my fingers and toes turn white/blue and numb if I go outside in the cold. The only thing to help them is warm water. When going from cold to warm, my skin gets very itchy and sometimes I shake uncontrollably from being cold. I wouldn't be surprised if overall poor circulation is connected to both Raynauds and MM?!?

3. yanksgirl

yanksgirl Member

May 12, 2014

4. marie

marie Member

Jan 6, 2017
    I've never been diagnosed with Raynauds but frequently have cold feet; no discoloration. I've also tolerated air conditioning poorly since childhood - wore a sweater when going to restaurants, etc.
    Isn't there something in the JOH regime that increases blood circulation to the inner ear? i was thinking of looking that up in hopes that it might increase blood flow to my feet; or maybe just sit less, ha ha.
    My best to everyone here and i so appreciate this forum.

5. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    The lemon bioflavonoids increase circulation.

6. yanksgirl

yanksgirl Member

May 12, 2014

7. marie

marie Member

Jan 6, 2017
    thanks for the info
    regards

8. Kedood

Kedood New Member

May 11, 2020

Hi, I was diagnosed with Raynaud’s about a year ago and now with Meniers.