1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Coroilus Versicolor Mushroom Effect on Menieres

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Mindosa, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Hi Everyone!
    I just found quite interesting research and I want to share (see attached pdf file).
    Have a good reading!
    Mindaugas

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    If I have not misunderstood it, the results are that those treated with the mushroom improved their mood and the intensity of the tinnitus, but there were no changes in the number and duration of the vertigo attacks among the group that took mushrooms with the group who took a placebo.

3. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    For whom this research is too long I chose, in my opinion, some key moments:

To date, the cause of MD remains substantially unknown, despite increasing evidence suggesting that oxidative stress and neuroinflammation may be central to the development of endolymphatic hydrops and consequent otholitic degeneration and displacement in the reuniting duct, thus originating the otolithic crisis from vestibular otolithic organs utricle or saccule. As a starting point to withstand pathological consequences, cellular pathways conferring protection against oxidative stress, such as vitagenes, are also induced, but at a level not sufficient to prevent full neuroprotection, which can be reinforced by exogenous nutritional approaches. One emerging strategy is supplementation with mushrooms.

Recent studies indicate a pattern of similarity between MD and benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, including age of onset, raising the conceivable possibility that detached saccular otoconia, an event which could be promoted by metabolic disturbances associated with oxidative stress, might represent the fundamental cause of MD.

However emerging evidence has given rise to the conceivable possibility that MD is a systemic oxidant disorder, where excessive production of free radicals and oxidative stress promote microvascular damage, which is involved in the development of endolymphatic hydrops.

Coriolus versicolor can provide a novel target for innovative therapeutic approaches aimed at minimizing oxidative stress, neuroinflammation, and neurodegeneration occurring not only in MD, but also in major neurodegenerative disorders such as AD or Parkinson’s disease.

Recent evidence indicates the involvement of oxidative stress in the development of endolymphatic hydrops associated with neuronal ganglion damage with apoptotic neuronal cell death as a prominent factor contributing to SNHL found in the later stages of MD. Thus, it is conceivable that MD, as a systemic oxidant disorder, can be also considered, owing to its demonstrated neurodegenerative nature of the neuronal cochlear ganglion component, involved in its pathogenesis, a pursuable investigative model of neurodegeneration.... may be positively impacted by nutritional intervention with Coriolus-MRL biomass supplementation.

Our results obtained with a nutritional approach based on a Coriolus versicolor biomass supplementation are relevant to innovative therapeutic anti-inflammatory strategies aimed to minimize consequences associated with neurodegeneration and oxidative stress of cochleovestibular system pathologies including not only MD but also sudden sensorineural hear loss (SSNHL) where it has recently demonstrated a critical role played by NLRP3 inflammasome.

Taking all this into account and given the inflammatory pathogenesis of MD degenerative damage, our findings of reduction in oxidative stress and inflammatory mediators associated with increased anti-inflammatory metabolites in mushroom-treated patients has innovative therapeutic potential.

In conclusion, patients affected by MD are under conditions of systemic oxidative stress, and the induction of vitagenes after mushroom supplementation indicates a maintained response to counteract intracellular pro-oxidant status.

Coriolus versicolor mushroom, administered orally in tablets of 500 mg (3 tablets every 12 h, morning and evening, for 2 consecutive months).

In comparison to Coriolus extracts, biomass has the advantage of preserving all nutraceutical potential which is usually reduced with extracts or concentrates, including lyophilization, and thus the activity of the product corresponds with the source mushroom, while being further intensified by using the entire mycelium.

Latin Name: Coriolus versicolor, synonym Trametes versicolor
    Common Name: Turkey tail / Cloud mushroom

4. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    I believe this research has a good point and in MD oxidative stress and degenerative processes could play a huge role, because in majority cases MD happens in the age 40 - 60 when our body's it's not so young and degenerative processes starting to occur.

This research only lasted for 2 months and already showed positive results! So what results could be, if you take this and other medicinal mushrooms for life?!

I am definitely would tray Turkey Tail and others medicinal mushrooms, also other strong oxidants, like grape seed extract, NAC and others, to stop further degenerative process related to the aging!

5. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Whoho! Today had arrived my ordered Coroilus Versicolor (Turkey Tail) mushroom biomass and also extract! Very excited to start my experiment according to this research which you can find attached above!

6. SandraJ

SandraJ New Member

Apr 8, 2023
    did you find any benefit? Thanks!