1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Covid/Vaccine

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Bulldogs, Oct 2, 2020.

1. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    right you are. I feel light years better today. I am curious. Werent you in the JNJ trial. Was your second shot JNJ or did you also get another vaccine? Maybe I missed this in one of the posts.

2. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    I had a minor Meniere's episode a couple of days after my second shot. I woke up at night to go to the bathroom and found I was all sweaty all over - not the type from being too hot but more of a "I'm sick" type. I also was off balance. But that was it. I was fine in the morning and have been ever since.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Mary Santiago

Mary Santiago New Member

Feb 14, 2021
    Hello Joe,
    This is my very first post to this site. I see you say you are a very healthy 50 year old male. Do you suffer with MD? Is that why you were posting, because you successfully received the Covid vaccination and with your MD, your body handled it well?
    I just had the second dose of Shingrix vaccination and had a vertigo attack the same night. This had made me question what would happen to me with the covid vaccination.
    Thanks!
    Mary

4. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hello Mary
    I am a MD sufferer but not anymore....10 years ago I had a labyrinthectomy and slayed the beast forever.....I consider myself as normal as any other 51 (Birthday February 3rd) year old man except I am deaf in my right ear.

Besides a little fatigue and a slight fever after my second shot that lasted for about 12 hours (slept it off) took one extra strength Tylenol....I had zero issues and by reading the responses from those with MD on this thread they have not had any issues either. A huge relief knowing I am vaccinated from Covid.

I think I speak for many on this forum when I say the vaccine will give you peace of mind.

God Bless
    Joe/BD

5. SurferGirl

SurferGirl New Member

Nov 7, 2020
    OH!! this is so gratifying to learn you are most happy with your decision to slay the beast! After much research, thought and prayer, at 72, I have decided to go with the labyrinthectomy. My qualtiy of life is so limited...I need to make the most of what remaining time I have. Thank you for your post.

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    All the best to you, SurferGirl. I hope the labyrinthectomy will be the answer to all your prayers.

7. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Best of luck. I am pretty sure this will be a decision you will never regret! I had a laby 9 years ago and live a very active life. Prayers that you will too.

• Like Like x 1