1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Crime Blotter

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by daBronx, May 24, 2014.

1. daBronx

daBronx Member

May 13, 2014
    Last night in Isla Vista in Santa Barbara,California a lone gunman shot and killed 6 people until either he took his own life or the police killed him.In a you tube video he said he was never liked by girls on campus and couldn't get a date..Terrible,six innocent lives taken by a lone deranged killer.
    There's so much violence these days in the U.S.So what's the answer?I wish I knew.While this was an isolated incident,all sorts of crimes are happening every day.

2. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    It has become an every day occurrence. Also 3 murdered in Brussels at the Jewish Museum of Belgium, perpetrator at large.

3. daBronx

daBronx Member

May 13, 2014
    This crime has been all over the news here.Apparently the suspect stabbed to death 3 men in his residence before he started shooting at people on the street.He also struck 4 cyclists one of which came down and crashed through the suspects BMW windshield.

4. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    You know these things have gotten way too much publicity. It seems like more crazy people are getting the idea through the media. Really, there was a time when these things didn't happen and now you hear it everyday. It is a really sad state of affairs.

5. daBronx

daBronx Member

May 13, 2014
    I don't know if those people in the East hear or watch the news in the West or visa versa but just the other day a town in Orange County in Southern California,a son killed his father,then he killed his mother,then he killed his 15 year old sister before taking his own life.
    Crazy world we live in.

6. Here we had yet another person jump to their death. 5:30 AM a 36 yr old female took her own life. I just don't get it. You never know what's going through ones mind.

7. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    I would like to have the stat on how many of these perpetrators are taking meds especially antidepressants and other psychogenic drugs. I wonder how often we are treating a mild to moderate problem and in the process change the brain chemistry enough to create one of these situations.

8. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    How do you guys feel about America's current gun laws & regulations?

9. That would be nice to know, June.

10. Intrepid

Intrepid Be original

May 17, 2014
    ...or how many are not and should be.

11. daBronx

daBronx Member

May 13, 2014
    Guns themselves are inanimate objects.It is the people who pick up these weapons and shoot them who are responsible for the outcome.

12. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Same for nuclear weapons. I still don't want to meet someone carrying one in Starbucks myself.

13. LOL!

14. daBronx

daBronx Member

May 13, 2014
    Of course all sorts of crimes are committed every day,but some like the one that happened today in Las Vegas really standout.
    2 suspects entered a pizza restaurant and shot 2 police officers while they were eating.They then walked across the street to a Walmart where the shot a shopper.Lastly while in Walmart the suspects killed themselves as what is considered a suicide pact.

15. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    It is reported they said 'This is a revolution'.

16. WOW! That is crazy.

17. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    60 minutes did a report on this just yesterday. An interesting fact was that since many mental institutions have closed, those people end up on the streets or committing crimes that land them in jail. The percentages of people in jail that really need psychiatric help is very high. They go in and get out with a small amount of meds. They have no resources to get more meds or just stop and then they commit more crimes and end up in jail again. Here's my thought. If we can send so much money to other countries, why can't we find a way to fix this problem. Also stated was that in many cases warnings WERE given about people who went on to commit heinous crimes.
    This is just a sad situation.

18. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    I have to add something else. Have you ever noticed how the eyes of some of these people are scary? Even back to Charles Manson, it's just this look that makes you wonder how nobody noticed.