1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Dermal Fillers - Maybe not such a good idea

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Rubygirl, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Rubygirl

Rubygirl Member

Oct 4, 2020
    Hi friends.

So while this is about the last thing on the minds of many folks on here who are just struggling with the day-to-day...for people who are early stage, or in remission and whose thoughts are drifting to other more "trivial" things.... I know many women, after a certain age, consider doing dermal fillers like Restylane (which is hyaluronic acid based) to help retain a youthful appearance.

I must say I'm looking pretty crappy these days and someone suggested it to me ("respectfully" they said... ha ha) but then I looked at potential side effects and this stood out "that you should inform your doctor if you have herpes viral infection as injection procedures can lead to reactivation of latent or subclinical herpes viral infections".

Since many of us feel that these viral infections are the cause of our misery... I guess I will just stay old-looking but upright and functional!

Thought I would share in case it helps anyone!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    You can also try and if your Meniere worsens you would confirm that it is due to a herpes virus. I was what I did with the meals, every time I got dizzy I went to the kitchen and ate one of the things that supposedly can be triggers. This helped me to stop being afraid of chocolate, salt, spicy or alcohol.