1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Doctor willing to prescribe antiviral

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Patricia Idaho, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Patricia Idaho

Patricia Idaho New Member

Nov 23, 2021
    I got a message from my doctor saying he is willing to prescribe an antiviral, and he is asking what kind of dosage and duration I'm thinking about! My appointment is in two days. I have read the 2013 abstract about acyclovir/valacyclovir and the dosages. However, my main symptom is not vertigo. My current condition is a plunge in hearing and distortion; the minor dizzy spells are not even a problem right now. So, am I wondering if I will require the same treatment as someone who is desperately seeking relief from debilitating vertigo. I have gradually gotten on the JOH regimen and am a little bit better. Thanks for your input.

2. EkkoMusic

EkkoMusic Member

Jul 26, 2021
    See this: "On The Nature of Hearing Loss in Meniere's Disease". It's a Richard Gacek article all about the use of antivirals to restore hearing loss in Meniere's disease / other viral-afflicted conditions causing inflammation in the inner ear. He lists his protocol on AV dosages.

I'm diagnosed with cochlear hydrops (no vertigo) and Famciclovir helped my symptoms greatly (mainly just aural fullness I was dealing with at the time). My dosage was 500mg 2x/day, but I had a relapse of symptoms lately and others believe it is because the dosage was too low.

3. yellowboy

yellowboy Active Member

Jul 11, 2020
    Can antivirals be used with Betahistine ?

4. EkkoMusic

EkkoMusic Member

Jul 26, 2021
    Yes