1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Doctors and Clinics???

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by srmophett, Apr 16, 2019 at 1:33 AM.

1. srmophett

srmophett New Member

Feb 12, 2018
    louisiana
    Moderators, if I am breaking any rules here or this subject is not appropriate, please remove the post if need be.

I Have searched the database and back through the threads and it seems the latest post on doctors and clinics was back in May of 2017. Patients, treatments, and Doctors have come and gone since then and I was hoping some of you would be willing to share some of your experiences with the rest of us. I notice we have members from all over the country and a few international and thought a renewal of good experiences would be helpful to some of us.
    I live in the very Rural South(central Louisiana), so finding a good doctor is difficult not to mention a competent ENT or greater. It took me three years to get the diagnosis and several ENT's, as much as I hated the news, I was glad to have an answer though. My ENT told me Meniere's was way above his expertise and referred me to Shea Ear in Memphis which was a mere 400 miles...one way.
    I was happy to go there if it meant a few more answers and some treatment. I had an exam on a Monday, By Dr. Emmett and Tuesday began the Steroid (dextramethasone?) injections through the ear drum into the inner ear while being fed more steroids through an IV. I did this three days in a row and after a few weeks and lots more steroids and lasix I began regaining some hearing and the Tinnitus was easing up some along with better everyday balance.
    I am in the midst of another attack and I have made an appointment to return to Shea in Memphis, but I am also thinking of trying a new clinic. There is a clinic in Austin, Contact Austin Ear Clinic in Austin, Texas Austin ear clinic that I have heard about. I heard they were a little more aggressive and more about looking for the cause than most so they definitely interest me. Most any clinic within 5-600 miles interest me, I am as desperate as the rest of you.

Has anyone had any experience with Austin Ear Clinic?

2. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Active Member

May 12, 2014
    The two best doctors I have seen for my menieres was

Dr.Douglass Mattox at Emory University in Atlanta

And

Dr. Rauch at MEEI Harvard/Boston

They told me not necessarily what I wanted to hear but what I needed to hear to put an end to the suffering mm was causing me. Good Luck

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Kevinb003

Kevinb003 Member

May 15, 2014
    Dallas area
    My neurotologist is Dr. Hahn at the Dallas ear institute. He is excellent. Good luck and I hope you find some relief.

• Fistbump/thanks Fistbump/thanks x 1
  4. June-

June- Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Dr Jenifer Derebery at House Ear Clinic in LA. She is an allergist as well as an ent and is affiliated with the best in the world. I like her because she is a big picture person. She uses more than one approach.she treated me with antivirals and allergy shots and i now have normal hearing and have not progressed to vertigo etc which was on the horizon when i went to her. I traveled from Pittsburgh to see her. It was worth it.

• Fistbump/thanks Fistbump/thanks x 1