1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Does anyone else have this happening

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by myride, Jan 19, 2022.

1. myride

myride New Member

Jul 8, 2021
    Eastern NC
    I have what I’m told is Meniere’s for two years. Started with loss of 60% of hearing in right ear. Had rounds of steroids without any success. Lots of ringing in ear. Was told I had some vertigo. 6 months later had increase ringing in ear with what could have been vertigo. Dr said I had Meniere’s. Been living with lots of ringing in right ear since.

Last week woke up with much more ringing in ear and complete lose of hearing in right ear. Doing steroids again. This time the white noise in my ear feels like I have a dozen torpedo heaters running in my ear. When talking it’s like 2 dozen torpedo heaters in my ear. And have had zero vertigo this time around.

My question is about the ringing and white noise in my right ear. This week I noticed when I bend my head over forward almost most (90%) the ringing and noise goes away. I find myself stopping my daily activities about every hour just have a few minutes of peace and quiet. Is this normal?

2. twodogs

twodogs Member

Jul 26, 2018
    Hello. You would know for certain that you have vertigo because the world would be spinning uncontrollably, your balance would be gone, and you would be vomiting violently. Unfortunately that is the measure. Poke around on the Internet for BPVV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo) and MAV (Migraine-Associated Vertigo). I hope you find the answers to this and that you regain wellness.

• Agree Agree x 1