1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Feel good vibes.....

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Bittersweetvenom, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Love this song....

https://youtu.be/P5ZJui3aPoQ

2. Gracie

Gracie Active Member

May 13, 2014
    one of my favorites is 99 red balloons' know that one fair? May be I can find on utube and post it,

3. Gracie

Gracie Active Member

May 13, 2014
    Can you post it for me fair?pretty please

4. I sure will

5. https://youtu.be/14IRDDnEPR4

6. Gracie

Gracie Active Member

May 13, 2014
    Love itfair I have been listening to ,thank u

7. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Similar to macabre nursery rhymes, Nena's 1983 single '99 Luftballons' is often misunderstood.

German in origin, 'Neunundneunzig Luftballons', or '99 Air Balloons', is, & quite poetically so, a song about loss & nuclear catastrophe.

Instrumentally '99 Luftballons' is upbeat & sanguine, granted. The lyrics however convey dark apprehension towards the widespread destruction & radioactive fallout of nuclear warfare. Lyrically, Gabriele tells the story of a devastating 99-year war created by the innocent & harmless flight of children's balloons.

'99 Red Balloons' depicts the political tensions of early 1980's Germany, & is perhaps the most enduring memento of the millions who marched in protest against NATO nuclear missile deployments.

If interested, members may also enjoy Gabriele's most recent single, 'Genau Jetzt', from her album Oldschool.

Best,

An Australian of immediate German lineage.

8. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
  9. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    I love when she shouts "super hi-tech jet fighters!" in her sexy German accent.