1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Filing for Disability

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by FanofFinz, Aug 5, 2014.

1. FanofFinz

FanofFinz New Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Does anyone have any experience with filing for disability? I've been working with this disease for the last 6 years, but it just keeps bringing in it's ugliness and now my work is not happy with me being out of work. I'm sure no other job would be happy either. I missed over 5 months last year from this and about the same a few years before that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    I filed and got it. For me it was easy. However, I've heard others having to appeal a rejection and then winning. It is retroactive from the first day filed. The Dr. Who fills out the forms has a lot to do with it, just my opinion. My Dr. Had trained under the Dr. Who reviewed the applications. He did call her and ask if this was for real. Someone on this board applied and had a hard time, but finally got it. It varies from person to person. Maybe others will share their experiences. Good Luck to you if you decide to go ahead with it!

3. nicmger

nicmger Member

May 12, 2014
    I do not have experience with this...BUT my thought is that between your doctor and your work if they both say that you are not able to do the job that it would be "easier" to get approved.

4. Vicki

Vicki Guest

I have not read through this but here is a link to our old forums database about filing for disability, might be something that helps you.

http://www.menieres.org/forum/index.php/topic,93.0.html

5. Vicki

Vicki Guest

also here's a file from VEDA (vestibular disorder association)
    Tips on Applying for Social Security with a Vestibular Disorder
    https://vestibular.org/sites/default/files/page_files/Documents/Social%20Security_tips%20for%20applying%20with%20a%20vestibular%20disorder.pdf