1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Finding a Docter for AntiVirals

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Jedirusty, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Jedirusty

Jedirusty New Member

Apr 8, 2019
    I've tried my ENT, my Otologist and my primary care doctor and non have been to keen on trying it. My PC doctor didn't even know what dose to prescribe..

Is there any online doctors that any of you have used that I could try?

Any recommendations on what dosage I should use if I can get a prescription?

2. EmilyP

EmilyP Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Florida
    I don't know about on line scripts. Can you find another doctor? Or insist to you PC, most docs are not informed on the use of antivirals with MM. Everything Ive read and from my PC there is no long term side effects with taking these long term. Really talk to your PC.
    I take Acyclovir 500mg. ordered for 3 times a day. Over the last month I take it every 4 hours, as that is the effectiveness of the pill. It seems to have made a difference as opposed to every 8 hours. I hope this helps.

3. wendy

wendy Member

May 18, 2019
    Did you print out the study on antivirals for your doctors?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Valtrex 1000 mg 3x per day for 1 week, 2x for 1 week, then 1x for several months. This was the dosing in the study. Others here have stayed at the higher doses for a month or more each.