1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Formula for tinnitus

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Mindosa, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Found one supplement for the tinnitus and here are the components. Some of them are very well known for MD and some less. I think it can be useful info for some:

Niacin (Vitamin B3) has the effect of creating vasodilation, or opening of the peripheral blood vessels. This allows it to increase blood flow into the inner ear; niacin has been used for a long time in the treatment of tinnitus and Meniere’s disease.
    More about Niacin:
    My experience with fasting only on water

N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) is the amino acid precursor of one of our most powerful antioxidants, glutathione. The inner ear is especially sensitive to free radicals (reactive oxygen species) - providing NAC to bolster glutathione levels can inhibit damage in the inner ear.

Vinpocetine is a substance derived from a chemical in the periwinkle plant; its main use is to improve blood flow in the brain, thus helping with cognition. A set of older studies from the late 80’s point to vinpocetine’s ability to improve hearing and tinnitus in study subjects.

Bioflavonoids: Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Rutin and Quercetin are essentially plant pigment compounds with a variety of clinical effects. They can also improve circulation into the inner ear and have been used as a treatment for tinnitus.

Magnesium Citrate serves to protect the nerves of the inner ears - one idea is that glutamate (a toxic amino acid) may contribute to inner ear damage, and magnesium can powerfully inhibit glutamate.

Turmeric (Curcuma longa) contains very powerful anti-inflammatory compounds (curcuminoids) that inhibit cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), prostaglandins and the leukotrienes.

Pine Bark extract is a rich source of procyanidolic oligomers (OPCs), which have strong antiviral, antioxidant, antimicrobial and antioxidant functions. The OPCs in pine bark also prevent leaking in blood vessels while other compounds (catechin and taxifolin) stimulate the production of nitric oxide, a major vessel relaxer.

Ginger Root contains several active ingredients with anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, and analgesic (pain relieving) properties.

Black Pepper fruit that helps with absorption and increases bioavailability of nutritional ingredients by a minimum of 30%.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  2. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
  3. jose suarez

jose suarez Member

Nov 2, 2020
    I use all that together with josh regimen.

4. Rhall

Rhall New Member

Sep 28, 2020
    What is the josh regimen. I tried to search the forums but could not find it. Did you mean John of Ohio regimen?