1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Frequency Therapeutics

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Mac, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    I'll make this easier to read...lol

Frequency Therapeutics Announces Positive Phase 1/2 Data for Drug Candidate for Hearing Restoration

- Primary safety endpoint met as FX-322 was well tolerated

- Preliminary clinical data suggests improvement on measures of hearing function

Company now planning Phase 2 Study to commence later this year

April 09, 2019 07:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
    WOBURN, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Frequency Therapeutics, a clinical stage biotechnology company, today announced positive results from a Phase 1/2 safety trial to evaluate FX-322, an investigational drug candidate designed to facilitate hearing restoration. The trial assessed the safety of a single dose of FX-322 given by intratympanic administration in adult patients with stable sensorineural hearing loss (SSHL) who had a medical history consistent with either chronic noise exposure or idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss. In the Phase 1/2 study, FX-322 was safe and well tolerated following a single intratympanic injection with no serious adverse events. In addition, improvements in hearing function, including audiometry and word scores, were observed in multiple FX-322 treated patients.

This is bascially the biggest advancement of hearing restoration of our lifetime. They are able to regrow haircells folks.

Have a good night everyone...the end.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Just a friendly reminder...researchers just regrew hair cells in inner ear for the first time in human history.

Lol...seems to be a sleeper topic on here but this is the greatest advance in hearing research in the history of medicine.

I'll attach another article for everyone:

Frequency shows early positive results for small-molecule hearing loss therapy

Hope everyone enjoys the article. Have a great day!

4. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
  5. Fisherman42

Fisherman42 Active Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Illinois
    Very cool thanks Mac.

6. Riplip

Riplip Member

Mar 16, 2018
    NH
    So when i read articles like this should i continue to stay deaf in my right ear waiting for this to actually hit the market or go with the Cochlear Implant which then won't give me this option ever. Such tough decisions. Wish the hamster wheel could move quicker.

7. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    RipLip - I am as optimistic as anyone on this site when it comes to hearing research. That being said...If all goes perfectly this is 7/8 years away. The world of FDA approvals moves at a snails pace. We also have no idea how much hearing you could restore.

I am no doctor but if you cant hear the CI is amazing tool. Waiting a decade for something that may not work is a huge gamble.

8. Riplip

Riplip Member

Mar 16, 2018
    NH
    I hear ya on that Mac. I don't think i can put it off any longer. I think this summer one ear will get destroyed and restored. I do really like reading the articles of the break through.

9. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Good luck with that bro. Keep us updated on your surgery. I have no doubt it will be a huge success and game changer for you!!

10. Riplip

Riplip Member

Mar 16, 2018
    NH
    Thanks

11. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
  12. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    Thanks, Mac. I just sent the link to a friend who has lost most of her hearing from Meniere's.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    wow...wow...wow!!

Hell of a few months for Frequency!! First they are the first scientists in the history of the world to regrow hair cells in the human ear...now they have 650 million dollars to grow more!!

https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/...-therapeutics-astellas-sign-deal-to-tune.html

I have been saying 8 to 10 years all along but I may adjust that to 5-7 years if this gets approved in Japan first.(FDA is a nightmare) I assume this may be part of the reason for working with a foreign company.

I know I'll be getting that plane ticket!

Have a great day.

Mac

• Like Like x 2
  15. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Holy Cow! 650 Million Bucks is a Serious capital injection and one that wouldn’t be give unless the funder had a real belief in the product!
    Thanks for posting mac! Great to see all these advancements being made.

• Like Like x 1
  16. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    I'm so glad to hear about all these new things. I just wish all this research had been taking place when I was first dx'd all those decades ago.

17. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    C-Sun....I hear you. But at least they are doing something now. They are all about their bottom line and there is a lot of money to be made in hearing loss. Trust me... I wish it was done 15 year ago as well.

I will continue to post any positive news regarding research.

• Like Like x 1
  18. yanksgirl

yanksgirl Member

May 12, 2014
    This sounds so very promising! I am 81 years old--so I doubt I'll ever benefit from this study--but am so very happy to hear it for all of you who have years ahead to 'wait' on this. Having lost 'alot' of my hearing to Meniere's, this sounds amazing and I hope and pray it improves and is available for many folks struggling with hearing loss for various reasons. Go for it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1