1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Fungal Infections & Meniere's

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Vicki, May 12, 2014.

1. Vicki

Vicki Guest

After reading popajoes experiences and being I have a long history of stomach issues and sinus infections, I am going to ask my primary to order a blood test to see if I have a systemic fungal infection

2. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Is there a blood test for that?

3. Vicki

Vicki Guest

yup
    http://www.yeastinfectionadvisor.com/candidatests.html
    Candida Antibody Blood Test

This test requires a small blood sample so they can check for any candida yeast infection by measuring antibodies to the candida. If you can get your doctor to do this test, have them measure all three antibodies, that way you have an idea where it is.

IgM antibodies will tell you if you have an infection right now or not.

IgG antibodies reflect a past or ongoing infection.

IgA will reflect a more superficial infection or an infection that is on the outside surface of the mucosal linings of the body.

Genova Labs does an IgG candida blood yeast test in conjunction with a stool test called a Candida Intensive Culture. If both are positive you most definitely have candida yeast in your body.You can get this test done at the directlabs.com website.

You can also do this test at home with this simple yeast test kit. This is a simple pin prick blood test that tests for IgG antibodies The results give you a pass or fail, so you either have it or your don't.

Organic Acids Candida Test

This all-inclusive test is an ok candida test that also checks 40 other metabolic functions of cellular physiology. This test also measures compromised energy production, neurotransmitter metabolism, sometimes vitamin and mineral deficiencies, and intestinal dysbiosis. Intestinal dysbiosis measures the byproducts of bacterial and yeast metabolism that are excreted in urine. High tartaric readings indicate an overgrowth of yeast in the body. It also measures amino acid needs relative to your health status, genetic tendencies, aging and oxidative status.

Clinically these markers offer valuable information into possible causative factors of dysfunctional cellular physiology; affecting one’s physical and mental performance and overall health status. This test is invaluable for putting ones cellular health back together and getting to the root cause of your candida yeast infection so you get it under control for life.

However, the Organic Acids candida test would not be my first choice because it does not check for yeast itself, it only checks for its waste products and can be inconclusive.

Intestinal Candida Tests

The preferred candida test is a stool test along with the blood antibody test that can be ordered through a doctor to check for good bacteria and yeast. Many times people are missing entire species of bacteria and this is the root of their problems. Other times levels are very low and this is also an issue. Low or non-existent bacteria are a major cause of chronic yeast infections.

However, candida glabrata can live right along side good bacteria because it does not attach to the intestinal wall. Candida albicans does attach and good bacteria crowds it out so it is important to know these levels if your not having any success getting rid of it. Stool tests in some instances can detect the species as well.

Genova Diagnostics does a stool test called a Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis that checks for yeasts, good and bad bacteria and other factors related to digestion. Doctors Data does one called a Comprehensive Stool Analysis and Metametrix Labs does a Microbial Ecology Profile, test 2105, that will yield the same results.

You can get the Genova test and the Doctors Data test done yourself over at the directlabs.com website. Click browse tests on the left then click C. Scroll down and you will see the Genova tests first and a little farther down you will see Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis by DD. I would get the DD kit that also says x3. X3 means three stool samples are taken and three samples with yeast would eliminate any false positives.

If you get one of these candida tests done and yeasts are detected, make sure they then run a susceptibility profile on the yeast. A susceptibility test will determine what natural compounds and which drugs will kill that specific species of yeast.

If the stool test detects no yeast but an overgrowth of bad bacteria, please see the the harmful bacteria page so you know how to treat it.

4. rondrums51

rondrums51 Diagnosed 2004, went bilateral 2013

May 12, 2014
    Southwest Florida coast
    A fungal infection could very well be the root cause of Meniere's, as could a bacterial or viral infection.

The problem is, many people take the appropriate anti-fungals, antibiotics, or anti-virals, and they don't entirely get rid of the infection. They may work for a period of time, but the infection is never completely eliminated.

Why? From what I understand, anti-infectives cannot work efficiently in a malfunctioning immune system. They can also cause bad side effects in a malfunctioning immune system. All antibiotics and antivirals make me so dizzy, I can't stay on them. This drove me crazy for years, trying to deal with antibiotics for chronic sinusitis. I could never finish the damned things.

How do you fix a malfunctioning immune system? I believe somebody has figured this out, but I can only respond in a PM.....

I hope your test reveals something useful, Vicki.

Bless all,
    Ron

5. Vicki

Vicki Guest

Thanks Ron, The acyclovir, so far is doing a great job as far as my MM symptoms are concerned. But I am plagued with stomach issues for most of my life. This is the main reason I am getting tested. I wouldn't think a fungal infection is the cause of my MM since the AV's have kept me vertigo/dizzy free for over 1 year, it might contribute to some extend, I am not sure..but I would love to stop having stomach problems.

6. rondrums51

rondrums51 Diagnosed 2004, went bilateral 2013

May 12, 2014
    Southwest Florida coast
    Chronic stomach issues could be caused by h pylori, which often coexists with candida. It's hard to get rid of. My family doc wanted me on an antibiotic for like 90 days! No possible way.

Gastro doctor told me to get mastic gum in capsules. It kills off or at least controls the stuff. Worked pretty well, no bad side effects.

I sure wish acyclovir worked for me, but I took it for a long time and it had no effect on the dizzies.

7. Vicki

Vicki Guest

Thanks Ron my gastro doc tested me for that a couple of years ago and it was negative. I never thought of a candida infection until popajoe brought up about his experiences with MM and fungal infections and I took a questionnaire online to determine if I might have it and I have a high score which they said I definitely have one.. but we shall see.

My appointment is today and if I do not need to fast I will head right to lab and have the test done.

8. Vicki

Vicki Guest

I wish they did too Ron, I wish they did for everyone :'(