1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Gent perfusion

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Saera, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Saera

Saera Member

Jul 5, 2019
    No. I get them when stressed. And it’s been a tough week. How are you doing?

2. AnneT

AnneT Active Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    I’m doing ok, I guess. Still feel quite wonky with walking, especially in the house where there’s more back and forth movement. I wake up having some subtle visual movement, but it passes quickly. I feel like I’m in a plateau, not really seeing day to day worsening nor improving.

No full on vertigo attacks so I can drive - I just give myself extra time, so I can stay in the slow lanes, and decrease the need for shoulder checks! And I can make plans with some confidence that I can do them.

I see my vestibular Physiotherapy guy today for a full assessment. Hopefully he can guide me to some improvements.

3. Saera

Saera Member

Jul 5, 2019
    I see my VT guy next week. Hoping to get back to work. I assume it will be awhile before I feel “comfortable and confident” in my everyday life. So moment to moment is how it is. Tinnitus still goes up and down and so does pressure. Which causes anxiety. But I dealt with that for a long time with no vertigo as well.

So short of a labyrinthectomy do we ever really KNOW? I’m guessing not.

4. AnneT

AnneT Active Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    And even with laby there’s the dread of going bilateral. But let’s not go there!

How’s it going Saera? How long is it now since your gentamicin treatment started?