1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.
mbach

Gentamicin: A Complete Experience

1. Susan in TX

Susan in TX New Member

Feb 13, 2020
    Texas
    I will definitely keep you informed. I also have profound hearing loss in my bad ear. I am 67 and the hearing loss occurred quite suddenly 40 years ago. I learned to live with it but the vertigo that started 3 years ago is something that I have a difficult time dealing with. It's hard to live my life if I am confined to my bed with severe debilitating attacks most of the time. I am fortunate that my other ear is healthy and functioning normally. I hope to have good results with the gentamicin injection, which is scheduled for March 23rd. I will follow up when I have more to share. Thank you for the well wishes. I hope everything turns out well for you with your decision.

2. SurferGirl

SurferGirl New Member

Nov 7, 2020
    After much thought, research, and prayer, I am 99% sure I will go with the labyrinthectomy. I am so very tired of feeling as half a person. My qualtiy of life is so limited. Everything I have read says this surgery is 95-98% effective. Since the recovery is 6 weeks for both the gentamicin and surgery, I can't got through it twice should the injection not repond as well. At 72, I only have a few good years left!! LOL Do keep us informed. I have your March 23rd injection on my calendar! Best wishes that it goes as you hope.

• Like Like x 1