1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

gentamicin injection- members who’ve received injections

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Blakeh, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Blakeh

Blakeh Active Member

Aug 20, 2016
    After years of successful treatment with anti virals, JOH, and diet, all has stopped working.

I am preparing to do gentamicin injection, can members who’ve received this treatment chime in on their experiences?

Thank you in advance.

2. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    I'm happy with the gentamicin effect - it has mostly stopped the vertigo. Not fun to go through, but I feel like it (so far) has spared me surgery, and saved my life. You can see my experience with it in the thread:

How do you know if the gentamicin has worked?

3. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    I had one gent shot before deciding on a labyrinectomy. The gent shot stopped the vertigo for approximately 8 months. However during the 8 months I continued with feelings of being light headed and off balance. Ears were still full and tinnitus still annoying. Once my vertigo returned and I started having drop attacks my doctor suggested another gent shot or the laby. Because I had no hearing in my bad ear and the experience with the gent shot was not what I hoped for I chose the laby. Best decision of my life. Good luck with your gent shot. Many people experience success. For me I was exhausted from 12 years of trying to find a way out of the vertigo/drop attack hell. I found it with the surgery. So don’t be discouraged if the gent doesn’t do what you hope for. There is a way out. God bless.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    I had 3 gentamicin shots at Emory and 3 streptomycin shots at Shea Ear Clinic in Memphis, TN…..It stopped the vertigo but I felt awful with all the fullness, roaring tinnitus and hyperaccusis still going on….it was not until I got the laby that I felt normal.

good luck my friend
    Joe/Bulldogs

• Like Like x 3
  5. Martina70

Martina70 New Member

Jun 1, 2020
    Cork Ireland
    Hi I had 6 gentamicin injection last Jul/Aug spread to going to hospital weekly for 8 hours at a time.
    I still had episodes after but consultant said it would take awhile.
    I started acupuncture (Weekly)in Nov & between the 2 I have not had any episodes for the last 8 weeks. Prior to this I was having episodes every 5 days.
    I wish you the best of luck & hopefully you will get a break from this awful illness!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blakeh

Blakeh Active Member

Aug 20, 2016
    I appreciate everyone’s feed back. I’m now leaning towards a laby if the surgeon will do it.

Because I’m a new patient to him, he’s doing a round of testing before confirming if he will do the laby.

7. Qntario

Qntario Member

Mar 29, 2015
    First time I had 5 shots, each 1 week apart. It got me 3 years vertigo/dizzy free.
    When it returned, we did another 5 shots. Only made it 5 weeks before it returned this time.
    I just had 6 shots, the last one a week ago. Ive had 2 dizzy spells this week already, lol. No vertigo yet, but I'm sure in a month it'll be back. The doc said we can do surgery if it doesn't work this time. I'm so ready. The only reason why we even did the last couple rounds of injections is because thanks to Covid, the surgical wait times here are bonkers. It's like a 2 year wait.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blakeh

Blakeh Active Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Thank you for the information. I'm leaning towards a labyrinthectomy now.