1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Good Video Explaining Vertigo

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Vicki, May 13, 2014.

1. Vicki

Vicki Guest

Caution: May make you dizzy, I had to look away at one point
    http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/streams-of-consciousness/2014/05/12/what-is-vertigo-video/

Interesting last sentence.

"Learn what causes dizziness in this new video from Scientific American‘s Instant Egghead series. In this short movie, I explain how your inner ears work to help you balance, orient yourself and see what’s around you in a stable fashion. When your inner ears don’t function well, you may stumble, fall, vomit and watch your surroundings gyrate wildly. Stay tuned for an upcoming feature in Scientific American Mind on the making of an implanted prosthesis to restore balance and correct dizziness in individuals with inner ear problems."

2. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Excellent, it explains drop attacks too, doesn't it!

3. Vicki

Vicki Guest

I think it is one of the best demonstrations/explanations of what vertigo is and why it happens.

4. kraunque

kraunque New Member

May 12, 2014
    This is a very good explanation! I linked it on my Facebook page. Thanks, Vicki...you always have great links. :)

5. Karenplus8

Karenplus8 Active Member

May 12, 2014
    ohio
    This is great. I finially get it!

6. Vicki

Vicki Guest

You're very welcome :)