1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Has anyone had iron supplements set off menieres?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Dora Smith, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Dora Smith

Dora Smith New Member

Aug 9, 2020
    Still troubleshooting - and avoiding confusing issues. I'm looking for specific answers to each question and not cross talk about other reasons why I might have gotten dizzy.

Has anyone had the iron supplements, ferrous sulfate and ferrous gluconate, prescribed for iron deficiency anemia, set off menieres attacks?

Thanks!

Yours,
    Dora Smith

2. Gardengal

Gardengal Member

May 12, 2015
    I take iron for anemia and they do not set off attacks for me.

3. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Iron overdose can produce symptoms like dizziness and vertigo I think. But it is very difficult to overdose because the body stores the iron it does not use in the liver and bone marrow, you would have to take excessive amounts of iron so that no more can be stored or take huge amounts in a single dose.

I was taking Ginkgo Bilopa with a little iron, I was taking two pills a day (4mg a day) for more than a month and I had no problem. In fact, iron anemia can also lead to Meniere's symptoms.

4. Rebecca33

Rebecca33 New Member

Feb 27, 2023
    Did you find out what was going on here? The same happens to me. I have put it down to virus flare ups due to iron feeding viruses