1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Has anyone looked into the ccsvi relationship or tried angioplasty?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Nyynth, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Nyynth

Nyynth Member

Apr 3, 2018
    Reading about it. Thoughts? Menieres being caused by insufficient blood flow away from the head?

2. Nyynth

Nyynth Member

Apr 3, 2018
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/health/meniere-s-disease-and-blood-flow-could-there-be-a-link-1.3312503

3. Nyynth

Nyynth Member

Apr 3, 2018
    Re: Has anyone looked into the cssvi relationship or tried angioplasty?

Maybe this is why some people find relief through cervical maneuvers? I’m talking about things far beyond my knowledge. Hopefully someone smarter jumps in. I do see the problem between this and the general efficacy of antivirals. They appear to be at odds. Even its implications in MS are complicated and work against successful immunotherapy treatment. Maybe. I don’t know. I do know if antivirals fail I’ll probably not have anything better to do than try to piece together the puzzle for myself. I don’t want to encourage any kind of malicious debating. We’re in this boat together. That said, some MS sufferers found partial relief from angioplasty.

4. Nyynth

Nyynth Member

Apr 3, 2018
    If it is autoimmune, could hsv still be culprit? Or do those theories have to exist separately?

5. Nyynth

Nyynth Member

Apr 3, 2018
    I just read in a clinical study angioplasty in MS patients did not yield significant findings. With similar incidence of lesions post study. So, maybe completely anecdotal.

6. Nyynth

Nyynth Member

Apr 3, 2018
    If anyone reading this has had antiviral success, could you elaborate? Like explain in detail what happened? It’s silly, but a small part of me is stuck thinking, ‘maybe placebo?’. I mean no offense, just curious.

7. Nyynth

Nyynth Member

Apr 3, 2018
    I know there’s significant finding pointing at autoimmunity or immunocological component in menieres due to some ... blood test thing that measured immune.. stuff. Maybe the body is attacking hsv in the ear? I dunno. I’m gonna read a lot more. If anyone can help me clarify or learn I would appreciate it immensely. Here’s an interesting detail about my case, I have seen others post about a draining feeling — I figured out how to provoke the feeling fairly consistently by elevating my head at an extreme angle while lying down. I usually glean a small amount of pressure release doing this. Of course everyone here probably knows of certain things they can do to build increase pressure. Like sleeping and waking up with a clogged feeling.

8. Nyynth

Nyynth Member

Apr 3, 2018
    Okay. So the endolymphatic sac — which is the ear’s immune organ swells. This causes the rest of the structure to swell and then you get menieres symptoms. That certainly sounds immune-related unless there’s some abnormality causing weird flow.

9. Nyynth

Nyynth Member

Apr 3, 2018
    Another thought. This began at the same time I started experiencing muscular twitching. This is often called, ‘Benign Fasciculations’ and long hypothesized on hypochondria boards (lol) to be caused by HSV. It’s peculiar I should develop both at the same time in my life? Maybe this really is caused by HSV. I’ll certainly love to find out it is and find success with antivirals.

10. rwj6001

rwj6001 Member

Nov 21, 2017
    Toledo, Ohio
    There are many people who have had success with AV's, I am currently taking them myself along with the JOH regiment to try and reduce and/or eliminate symptoms.
    Current theories on MD seem to indicate that it may have several causes, depending upon patient history, medical conditions, etc. Because of this, solutions that work for one person may not work for another.

11. Nyynth

Nyynth Member

Apr 3, 2018
    Well. Guess I'll try them all. See if my neurotologist will put me on a consistent antiviral, for starters. I know this also coincided with a jaw dislocation (and stress, and HSV exposure, and recreational drugs -- though I really assume the latter had little to do with it in isolation, but rather precipitated the jaw dislocation). I know my cervical spine is whack. The ringing is highly influenced by jaw position (yawning, clenching, moving my neck). As hard as it will be, at least I have places to begin.

12. Nyynth

Nyynth Member

Apr 3, 2018
    I know I have limited range of motion in my neck and my shoulders are sensitive. Doing all of this already seems overwhelming, but ... so is doing nothing.

13. rwj6001

rwj6001 Member

Nov 21, 2017
    Toledo, Ohio
    Try not to let it get you down, it can be a little overwhelming, I know, I remember when I first started digging into all of this information, but this damned disease is bad enough without adding more to it. As overwhelming as all of this information is, you're better off knowing it in the long run.
    Take it one step at a time, formulate a plan and then give the plan some time to work. Starting the JOH regiment is relatively easy and low cost, adding AV's later when you can get a script. Consider other suggestions from this board as they apply to you. Beyond that do EVERYTHING that you can, that you know will help you, get plenty of rest, eat right, low salt intake, workout regularly, etc. etc. whatever you do that's right for you. No one here can tell you what those things are, only you can do that.

But, we are here to offer suggestions based on our own experience, for what works (worked) for us, and we're here to listen, when you're sick and tired of it and just need to unload because you feel like you're gonna break down if you don't (I've been there before and often return) All of us, in one form or another have been affected by this, so we can relate, and we can understand, where others can't.

I think its also very important to try to keep a positive attitude and remind yourself that you're taking steps to get better, but it's not going to happen overnight.

Stay well.

14. Chris Clementi

Chris Clementi New Member

Jan 8, 2021
    There are ample studies now which indicate that CCSVI is an effective treatment if blockages are present and are accessible via angioplasty. Apparently, nearly 90% of Ménière patients have jugular venous insufficiency.

15. RCS

RCS New Member

Jan 7, 2021
    What is CCSVI and Jugular Venus Insufficiency?