1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Having a down week and wanted to check in...

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Gardengal, May 11, 2019.

1. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Thats really interesting. My ENT never even mentioned this as a potential option available to me?

2. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Has anyone had this procedure performed?

3. Fisherman42

Fisherman42 Active Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Illinois
    Hey Rebecca just getting back to reply’s. As far as long term with AV’s I got blood work done every 6 mos for the first couple years to monitor my kidney and liver function and everything was fine. Some people do react adversely to long term AV’s but my doctors all agreed (OTO,ENT,PCP) that it should be fine. Now I check once a year when I do my yearly physical. I would definitely start on them and if you show improvement it’ll be hard for him to stop prescribing you I would think. If not talk to your PCP or another ENT and explain the impact and someone will keep the ball rolling. I’m in Chicago don’t know where you are but I’ve got a couple great Doc’s if you need a name.

4. Gardengal

Gardengal Member

May 12, 2015
    I had a flare up on Val, contacted dr g via email and he said I could try Famvir. Just something to try, it works slightly different than valtrex.