1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Headphones/Ear Buds

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Homer, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Homer

Homer New Member

Apr 21, 2017
    I've discovered that wearing headphones and ear buds has made my meinere's worse. Has anyone else experienced this and if you have, are there any headphones that don't make you feel off? I've noticed ear buds are definitely worse than headphones but headphones are still bad enough that I don't like having them on for too long.

2. zotjen

zotjen Member

May 12, 2014
    When you say your Meniere's gets worse, what exactly happens? The only issue I sometimes have is that my tinnitus gets worse but this can be a result of listening too loud or to certain types of music (think beat heavy dance music).

You will probably want to avoid ear buds and in-ear headphones/monitors to avoid having the sound so close to your ear drum and inner ear. On or over the ear headphones are probably better, with open as opposed to closed backs.

Despite having some hearing loss and distortion in my left ear, I don't really notice it all that much when listening to headphones as the right side somehow compensates for it. There are some days though when the distortion is really bad and then it's almost pointless to try and listen with headphones.

3. Homer

Homer New Member

Apr 21, 2017
    I tend to feel dizzy if I have them on too long.