1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Hearing loss in opposite ear

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Ads, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Ads

Ads New Member

Jul 7, 2020
    I have had meniers for over 6 year now in my right ear. Im on low doses of betehistine and take a moduretic every day which helps.
    I have 50% hearing only in my right diagnosed ear and have a hearing aid to help out with this.
    Over the past couple of weeks I have noticed the left side hearing drop to around similar levels and have To get people to speak very loudly to be able to hear conversations. GP said no infection or blockages.
    Has anyone else experienced similar or has any solutions?

2. JoannefromJersey

JoannefromJersey New Member

Jun 24, 2020
    I've had moderate tr e hearing loss in one ear since 2006. Of course, it took years to get to a moderate loss. Just a month ago, without ANY unusual tinnitus or drop in hearing, i had an attack, and lost ALL hearing in my good ear. I have crazy weird tinnitus, muffling, tone distortion, hyperacusis and hearing loss. After steroid shots, oral steroids and antivirals, its only come up to be about 30% better. Still hoping. Thought there was a 10 year window by which if your unaffected ear didn't get Meniere's, then you would never get it in that ear.