1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Hemi Sync

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by melissa, Jan 7, 2020.

1. melissa

melissa New Member

May 23, 2018
    I'm not sure if anyone else has had any experience with this, but I listened to what was labeled hemi sync music on Youtube, and a few minutes later I was on the floor with a full vertigo attack and really bad nausea. Hadn't had one in months, and I am fairly certain it was triggered by whatever happens with this music. Just wanted to warn others, see if anyone else has had a positive/negative experience with hemi sync, and ask if anyone has insight into why someone with Meniere's might have a reaction.

for reference, here is a definition of hemi sync:
    "Hemi-Sync is a trademarked brand name for a patented process used to create audio patterns containing binaural beats, which are commercialized in the form of audio CDs. Interstate Industries Inc., created by Hemi-Sync founder Robert Monroe, is the owner of the Hemi-Sync technology.

Hemi-Sync is short for Hemispheric Synchronization, also known as brainwave synchronization. Monroe claimed that the technique synchronizes the two hemispheres of one's brain, thereby creating a 'frequency-following response' designed to evoke certain effects. Hemi-Sync has been used for many purposes, including relaxation and sleep induction, learning and memory aids, helping those with physical and mental difficulties, and reaching altered states of consciousness through the use of sound.
    The technique involves using sound waves to entrain brain waves."

2. Joney

Joney Active Member

Apr 12, 2019
    I listened to binaural beats video for a 20 minute nap and it worked like a charm for me. I woke up from it very refreshed. I can’t imagine why it threw you into a vertigo attack, but obviously something happened to cause it. I’m so sorry you had such a bad experience with it. They do tell you to start with the shorter videos to let your brain get used to it.