1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Here we go! I start testing things.

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by IvanA, May 4, 2020.

1. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Not yet, I do not know where to buy them and that they are trustworthy. For some unconscious reason I am afraid to eat mushrooms of unknown origin. But the clinical trial was promising, if it reduces the oxidation of the inner ear it would reduce the progression of the damage permanently and if older it reduces the tinnitus because at least it would help to forget a few hours a day of this disease.

2. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    IvanA,
    you can buy turkey tail and others medicinal mushrooms in the amazon or ebay. They are selling mushrooms extracts and mushroom biomass. In that research they were using turkey tail biomass 1.5 grams two time per day for two months. I personally ordered biomass and extracts.
    But I think every medicinal mushroom should be more or less effective. They all have immuno-modulating antioxidants and beta-glucans, however Turkey tail contains one of the highest amounts of beta-glucans for all mushrooms, which will help keep our immune systems healthy when used over an extended period of time.

I am also very interested in Lion’s Mane mushroom. This mushroom is rich in a multitude of important compound: beta-glucans, immuno-modulating antioxidants and neuro-protective chemicals. Neuro-protective properties I think is very important, because MD disease or viruses also attack vestibular or cochlear neurons and this mushroom could help to protect them.

3. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Besides Lion's mane mushroom supplements could help to get rid of brain fog

4. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
  5. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Today I have paid for the "australian protocol" (name cant be said in the forum I think), it is my last hope to get my life back. In the forum there is almost no information and it has cost me horrors to investigate, I have only managed to speak with two testimonies that were treated and recovered, to which I also investigated everything I could.

There is not too much information, but in the end I thought that if from the 2011-2012 that this protocol started, no matter how expensive it is, someone should have already appeared saying that it does not work or that it is not worth the money. So the absence of bad news has made me dare to try.

Do not misunderstand me, I am very afraid both for my health and for the little money we have. But I can't live thinking that I didn't do my best to recover, no matter how crazy this sounds. But I also have a little hope, something I have not had since I had vertigo in February.

Anyway, I don't know what will happen; but miracles only happen to those who don't give up. "Australian men" seems like a good person in the emails that we have exchanged and although he hasn't told me anything yet, for security I won't give details of the treatment; But I will comment on the results as I notice something in the future.

Until then, thanks to all who give me support and advice, to JOH for his regimen, to the idea of antivirals, vitamine B, NUCCA and monolaurin. They did not work for me, but I have read that it worked for many people and I am happy for them. Let's see if I am luckier now with this new step I have taken. See you soon!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
  7. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
  8. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    I have bought sea pine extract, my question is: 150mg / day in a single dose or 50mg every 8h?

Thank you.

9. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    In the research abstraction there is no info, but I personally divide the dose in two parts, one in the morning and one in the evening.

10. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    I started with 100mg every 12h. Thanks

11. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Hi IvanA, Do you have any progess that you can report?

12. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Not too much, my osteopath has told me that he can no longer do anything for me.

Right now I continue taking because they will not harm me and maybe something will help alleviate the symptoms vitamins B, C, E. I have also stopped dairy and am taking a calcium pill with vitamin D3 instead. I have risen to 24mg of betahisitna every 8h and two days ago I started taking sea pine extract. Tomorrow I get the CBC oil that I read on this forum that can help prevent dizziness and I also think I will buy collagen which on this forum seemed to help some.

In Meniere it takes a long time to be sure that something really works before reporting it here. That is why I have stopped posting, I prefer to take more time, but when I write, let it be to say that I have been fine for at least 9-12 months.

13. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Small update of what I am taking, I am finished the bottles of vitamins and other things that I was taking to amortize the money spent, but in a week I will already be taking this:
    1- https://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-synergy-once-daily-multivitamin-120-capsules (all vitamins, plenty of minerals and various antioxidants)
    2-Iron 14mg
    3-Calcium 750mg (75% recommended daily dose), Magnesium 500mg (125%) and Potassium 99mg (3%).
    4-Collagen of all types.
    5-Sea pine extract.
    6-Light aerobic sport 20-25 minutes every two or three days (jogging)
    7-No coffee, no tea, low salt, low sugar, no gluten and no alcohol*
    8-Betahistina 18mg x3/day, but I am lowering the dose and on the 20th I will be 48 hours without taking it because I have an appointment at the hospital to see an ENT and I do not know if he wants to do a vestibular study. In any case, those 48 hours will help me to check if I continue to depend on betahisitna or not.

I had a very strong dizziness with strong tinnitus even in my healthy ear when trying the CBD oil, I tried it on two different occasions to be sure it was not causality and in both it produced the same effect. Since then I have experienced a lot of improvement in my dizziness and energy, I still have tinnitus, mild deafness and sensitivity to air changes. The improvement I have noticed has been within 10 days or so of starting calcium, D3, collagen, and pine extract. It may be simple coincidence, I just leave the information in case someone wants to try.

Anyway, a few days ago I took the car and drove an hour to see a friend and had three gluten-free beers* eating salty chips and two pieces of salted tortilla. I drove another hour to get back home, I didn't get tired, the noise didn't bother me too much, I didn't get dizzy or anything. I only had the typical slight annoyance in my ear to the wind and the noise of the car engine raised the tone of the tinnitus, but it passed when I got home and was silent.

In any case, some of the things I say I am going to take because in the blood tests I did, I saw that the values were very close to the minimum to be considered anemia: Vitamin D (I was 31 and the minimum was 30 and the maximum 60), Iron (I have 250 and the minimum was 200 while the maximum was 900), vitamin B12 (I do not remember, but something similar to iron).

I do not believe that anemias or lack of anything are the cause and cure of Meniere, but I do believe that they can accelerate or worsen the symptoms in some cases. Also, although they are not used for meniere, they will help to have more energy and less fatigue (iron and magnesium) which is another symptom of Meniere.