1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Hey BD

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Cheryl, Mar 4, 2016.

1. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    You can always talk to me.

We always have a good time.

Alternatives buddy.

2. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Those are interesting names. I kinda like them. At least they are spelled so that one knows how to pronounce them!

3. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Is it true that Megyn is moving from Fox to NBC? If so, good move on her part. I really like her.

4. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    I do not watch the news much anymore, but i believe she is moving to NBC to give her more time for her kids and family somebody told me. Stunning, just absolutely stunning for someone pushing 50 years old with 3 kids.

I also am a big fan of Martha Mccallum of Fox News.... 53 years old and just a pit bull with drop dead looks as well.
    Jenna Lee is another of my favorites when i used to watch the news.

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Yes. Sometime in the fall she'll be on NBC. She already left Fox several months ago. She's going to have some kind of daily news talk show, a news show on Sunday nights and she'll be on air for special events and breaking news. It will be interesting to see if she has the same success at NBC, as she did at Fox.

6. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Thanks for the info , Cheryl. I'll keep an eye out for her new show.

I don't know anything about Martha McCallum as you couldn't pay me to watch Fox News. I became really impressed with Megyn when she put a certain misogynist very effectively in his place. Love her.

7. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    It's interesting to read now why she left Fox.
    We've come a long way, but still have a long way to go. :mad:

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    I read today that Megyn will be involved in a weekly Sunday night news show, along with Kate Snow, beginning in June. Her daily morning show will start in September.

9. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    I had to google Kate Snow. That sounds like a good show with those two. Imagine if they could add Rachel Maddow!

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly starts this Sunday night, June 4 on NBC, 7 p.m. ET. She will have a limited run through the summer and will return after Sunday Night Football and the Winter Olympics.

In the fall she'll replace one hour of the Today Show, most likely the 9 a.m. ET hour.

I'm not a big fan of Rachel Maddow's show. I like her as a person, but it's something about her voice or her delivery that I can't handle. Every night I try to watch her, but she just goes on and on until I lose all interest in what she's talking about. At some point it just sounds like noise to me and I have to change the channel. She's obviously very intelligent, does her homework and knows her stuff. She's just not my cup of tea.

11. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    To each his own, Cheryl. That's what makes the world interesting. If we all only interested with people who entirely agreed with us, it would be extremely boring.

I don't get MSNBC so am not able to comment on her delivery. I've seen short clips on the iPad and I saw her interviews on the Daily Show. I read transcripts of her show which eliminates exposure to a voice and potentially annoying delivery.

I like that she is not afraid to say what the majority of MSM won't. I also like that she doesn't look like the plastic Barbie types that show their lack of ability to have an original thought.

12. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    JoyAnn Reid is getting my attention these days. I was not impressed with Megyn's interview with Vlad.

13. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    I love Joy! She's a real go getter.

14. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Not a fan of Megyn after seeing several clips of her while she was on fox. Jesus was white? Shaking my head.

15. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Megyn needs her head examined. So do the eejits at NBC that hired her. Putin? Alex Jones??

16. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Megyn's getting off to a rocky start.

17. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Watched a couple episodes of Megyn's new morning show. She should have kept her night job. I'm not enjoying what they are calling Megyn's "softer side." She's already managed to tick off Debra Messing and Jane Fonda. She doesn't appear to have the personality for a morning talk show. I have to wonder how long she's going to be a round at the Today show.

18. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Megyn is quite the disappointment to me, Cheryl. I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt but she seems to be more about ratings than journalism.

19. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    From what I'm reading, Melc, she's disappointing a lot of people.

20. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Katie Tur seems pretty good. I watched her hold her own with a govt sychophant who kept talking over her and refusing to answer the question. She put him in his place quite calmly but effectively.