1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Hey BD

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Cheryl, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    One thing that is very hard to do is change who you are or let try and let others change who you are, we are who we are!!!

The worst thing Megyn Kelly did was leave Fox News from a professional stand point. Her personal decisions are another matter and hers alone and i will never criticize someone for making a personal decision, but from a professional standpoint we all knew it would be a disaster. YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE!!!! and for Megyn Kelly, she was a hard hitting, take no shit, aggressive prosecuter/lawyer by nature who would never back down from a guest no matter how big or small or weak or powerful that person was because that is who she is in her DNA and what she is best suited to be and do.

It happens to them all, just look at Katie Curric (sp) she ruined her career and Megyn will do the same, but the choice was hers, you make the decisions and you deal with the consequences.

My favorite reporters are

Dana Perino --- former press sec. for President Bush.

Heather Nauert---former fox news reporter now State Department Spokesperson. (She is tough and takes no crap, tells it like it is and will not be intimidated, like Megyn Kelly was)

I also love Haley Barber (Former South Carolina governor and now United Nations Ambassador....another tough, take no crap lady who tells it like it is)

These are the people i watch in the News when they come on.

2. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Do you mean Nikki Haley?

Imo Fox "news" is crap so hard to respect their spokes people.

3. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    Sorry, yes NickI Haley... my auto spell on my phone went crazy and I did not have time to check it as I was waiting for a meeting to start.

Not getting into politics as I could care less about your opinion nor should you care about mine.

They are like assholes, everybody has one and most of them stink. Have a great day.

No falling for your traps.

4. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    I'm guess you couldn't care less. That's ok. I didn't think news was necessarily politics.
    Whatever.

5. Oh my gosh! My husband HATES it when people get that one wrong. He'll actually talk back to the television. "If you could care less, do it then!"

Bulldogs, your quote about the stinky holes...that's just priceless. I'm howling

6. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    I so hear you.

NBC should have simply unleashed her upon, rather than attempt to mold her in harmony with.

7. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    I don't believe you.

8. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    I think you & I are in agreement on this specific point, however.

NBC's attempt to render Ms. Kelly as likeable as possible, to as many viewers as possible, so to appeal to a wider audience is, at best, nothing short of awkward.

By doing so NBC compromised almost everything that makes, or dare I say, made, Megyn admirable; her uncompromising, adversarial, quick, intelligent, charismatic & assertive natureā€”a laudable combination which is, more often than not, incompatible with the mainstream.

It is quite ironic when you think about it.

Despite a small clone army of blonde bombshells, obligatory glass tables, a disorientating matrix of ubiquitous jewel-toned dresses, & chronic sexual harassment, if Fox News had never granted Ms. Kelly permission to make enemies, to make mincemeat of men, & the freedom to eschew likability, perhaps then there wouldn't be an awareness of what's currently missing.

Perhaps then Megyn's new-found banality wouldn't be so terribly stale.

That said, sometimes one's strengths arise only within contexts & environments they do not enjoy, no longer enjoy, or find exhausting. The only question on my mind is whether or not Megyn's happy in this role.

Presumptuously, perhaps, I doubt she would be.

9. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    IMO She is not happy, but who knows only she knows. What I do know is that competitive people like to win and right now she is loosing. Is she loosing because she is being asked to be somebody she is is not that's the qurstion.

Turn her loose and let her annihilate powerful political elites as only a gifted prosecutor can do and what that is what she was/is in her DNA.

You don't put a rottweiler in a dog pen and try to get it to act like a cuddly cocker spaniel.

10. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    I finally got a chance to check out Megyn Kelley on her new show and i must admit, it was awful. She looked like a fish out of water. I can see this getting cancelled. Just another example of someone trying to be someone they aren't. STAY IN YOUR CIRCLE OF COMPETENCE AND PLAY TO YOUR STRENGTHS, ITS ALL YOU NEED TO DO TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN LIFE.

11. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    Taking the Chief to the Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party for the first time. Getting ready to leave this afternoon. Mom's and SIL are watching the Kids this weekend.

Go Dawgs......

12. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Enjoy your time with Chief..you both deserve this get away! Treasure every minute!!

13. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Though shouty, the above fumbles at the potential to sound cordial. To seem epiphanic. It may reassure the slow-minded, too. It is, however, a false assertion.