1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

How frequent are your attacks?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by three4rd, Jun 24, 2022.

1. three4rd

three4rd Member

Apr 6, 2016
    I am wondering because mine seem to be increasing in frequency. Very seldom would I classify them as severe but there are an increasing number of episodes. I have been on triamterene HCTZ the past few years as well as ginger. I’m wondering if at this point the triamterene is not enough or if the dosage should be increased? My sister-in-law who also has menieres takes the same medication and really has no episodes ever since starting to take it. Of late, and pretty much the same situation as last summer, I recently had a very severe attack that made me quite sick. It was accompanied by a very strong sense of pressure in both ears. I also have had a feeling of the left ear being blocked. My ENT prescribed a round of prednisone for the sense of blockage but I only took a few and felt much worse so whether or not that precipitated the severe episode is uncertain. I discontinued them.
    And so just wondering how often others here experience symptoms to varying degrees. Thanks for any info.

2. Tony Wilson

Tony Wilson Member

Apr 2, 2019
    Attacks for me have largely faded since taking betahistine and sac decompression surgery. However, I have many “oh s&@t” moments but they pass quickly without losing my balance (mainly nystagmus). I’ve been taking JOH regimen for years as well. Staying active, positive, and not letting it kill my career or passions helps.

3. Hickspanic

Hickspanic Member

Jan 31, 2022
    Truth is I have been dizzy in some form or another for nearly a year and a half. Not as bad as the first year, but blah.

4. twodogs

twodogs Member

Jul 26, 2018
    I no longer experience vertigo, but all the other symptoms are here daily and likely always will be I use a walking stick most days because the disequilibrium is so strong. I take meclizine or promethazine when the nausea is severe. That the vertigo is gone from my life is wonderful. By attacks I assume you mean the vertigo with the horrid vomiting hours on end. For years it was several times a month and it gradually diminished over the years.

5. Lynne

Lynne Member

Oct 18, 2022
    California

6. Lynne

Lynne Member

Oct 18, 2022
    California
    Just found your post. Meclizine did nothing for me. The best medication for nausea is Ondansetron. It’s my miracle drug. It’s stops vomiting in less than 30 seconds, even if taken wrong. Because I needed to gain weight, I was able to eat right away. Try it. :)

7. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    Feb 2020-May 2020: Everyday

Jun 2020-December 2020: Every week

Jan 2021-April 2021: Every month

28-July-2021: Last attack... For now.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    My attacks were very frequent- 3-4 a week each one lasting anything between 15 and 22 hours. Lots of vomiting.

9. Lynne

Lynne Member

Oct 18, 2022
    California
    ONDANSETRON (my lifesaver!)
    Please get the vomit pill asap!
    Hi
    Other than vomiting what are your attacks like?
    On 9-24-2022, started abruptly battling 12 hour extreme vertigo, nausea attacks that would happen every 2-3 days. I spent a lot of time on the floor near toilet and talking to God. (I felt drained but pretty normal afterwards.)
    oMG! Vomiting is awful! Get a Dr to prescribe ONDANSETRON immediately! It works immediately (15-20 seconds) to stop nausea! You are suppose to let it dissolve in your mouth. I chewed the tiny pill (brain fog!) and it works. because I lost so much weight, as soon as I felt the prodromes I would take one aspirin and if needed (usually) the vomit pill.
    Things changed after that for the better! Please let me know how it goes!

10. Lynne

Lynne Member

Oct 18, 2022
    California
    Hi
    What are you doing to get better? JOH, spices, aspirin, etc?

11. Lynne

Lynne Member

Oct 18, 2022
    California

12. Lynne

Lynne Member

Oct 18, 2022
    California
    I’m so glad you have less. Please tell us what your attacks are like, have they changed and what did you do to get better. Thx