1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Huey Lewis has Menieres

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by James, Apr 13, 2018.

1. James

James ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

May 12, 2014
    Maybe he can help raise awareness and some money for reserach.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8317141/huey-lewis-hearing-loss-menieres-disease-cancels-2018-tour

2. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    This is huge. I’m a big fan and it really sucks this has happened. I’ll wager he had it for some time and assumed it was hearing loss from the music. I wonder who he’s seeing and what kind of treatments they are using? He’s more than wealthy enough to fly to Europe and get the stem cell treatments if he so wishes.

He would be an amazing platform for our cause, especially if he’s able to tour again. I’ll try to reach out, but I know it’s a long shot.

First time you feel it
    It might make you mad
    Next time you feel it
    It might make you sad

3. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    After reading the article again it looks like he’s been several places. I left a message on his FB Page, but there were already over 6000 comments.

4. Nyynth

Nyynth Member

Apr 3, 2018
    This is kinda surreal. I can’t imagine what it must be like for him, having invested his life into music. Ryan Adams has MM, too. Can you drop a link to his FB for convenience if anyone here wants to reach out? Maybe musician support is the way to go. Effects them disproportionally and research would especially benefit them.

5. Nyynth

Nyynth Member

Apr 3, 2018
    https://m.facebook.com/hueylewisandthenews/

Got it, no worry.

6. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    I wish there was a way to message him, but the feature isn’t available.

7. Nyynth

Nyynth Member

Apr 3, 2018
    I’ve replied to a couple comments trying to correct misinformation. A lot of people believe he’s just going to get better and are unaware of the crippling balance problems. I tried to remain kind, it’s just a bit aggravating seeing a normal person’s response to this.

8. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    I know. I made sure I didn’t read too many of them lest I start commenting.

9. Nyynth

Nyynth Member

Apr 3, 2018
    Man, I think you should. How else is anyone going to know? Just try to be civil, informative, and tell others we’re in need. I’m trying not to spam. It definitely is aggravating, though.

10. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    Here’s a video of Ryan Adams talking about MM. it’s a little awkward but he spends a lot of time on it and I think gets the general feeling of confusion and hopelessness across.

https://youtu.be/7XZOAMUOdFg

11. Nyynth

Nyynth Member

Apr 3, 2018
    He’s a trooper, for sure. Still making albums. The idea of being around anything loud freaks me out.

12. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    I can still manage a loud show from time to time as long as I have ear plugs. It’s usually the lighting that gets me. The last one I went to had a massive disco ball, I lasted two songs.

13. Nyynth

Nyynth Member

Apr 3, 2018
    Hah! You found me in the comments, lmao.

14. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    You said you were there...

15. Nyynth

Nyynth Member

Apr 3, 2018
    There’s like 9000 comments. Lol. I don’t mind, as you can tell my Facebook is pretty vacant. Not that I’m very private, I just don’t like the platform. I saw you mentioned going to school for photography. My partner and I take nature photos. I worked for a while editing before meeting her. Our Instagram handle is struttingmonkey. It’s gotten a lot harder to edit and upload recently due to nausea looking at the screen.

16. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    I couldn't think of a better theme song for our cause.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6uEMOeDZsA

We should hold a rally in front of the FDA and have Huey sing this classic.

All kidding aside...hope he is one of the lucky ones who recovers and gets back to performing...wishing him a speedy recovery!!

17. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    Followed you. I’m thoracic_park

18. Nyynth

Nyynth Member

Apr 3, 2018
    Also followed.

I’ve sent a few tweets to online personalities that may cover the Huey Lewis story. No idea if they will, but it is up their ally.

19. Nyynth

Nyynth Member

Apr 3, 2018
    We’ve gotta get on top of this as a community if we want to see research, treatments or even ... the c-word that I won’t say for fear of jinxing it.

20. Nyynth

Nyynth Member

Apr 3, 2018
    The Needle Drop and MundaneMatt specifically. Not sure who else to tweet at.