1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

I dislike change

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by dolfan, May 20, 2014.

1. dolfan

dolfan Member

May 20, 2014
    Miami
    I'm not a dumb guy, lazy maybe, but not dumb. LOL That being said, I hesitated coming back because of having to re-register. It was very easy and I'm glad I did. My topic is one of many here's complaints of trying to figure things out. It seems like every time you turn around, technology wants to switch things up. I have to say, it drives me crazy and I wish the younger people would just get hobbies (like bowling, fishing, golf) and leave things be for just a little while.

{{{{THE DOLFAN}}}}}

Life is Good!!!

2. Intrepid

Intrepid Be original

May 17, 2014
    I can get comfortable in my ways too but, generally speaking, I am the opposite of you. I start getting anxious when things stay the same for a long period of time. I like novelty.

3. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    The thing is, change will happen whether we like it or not. It's just a question of whether we refuse to accept it and get left behind like those Japanese WW2 soldiers in the Pacific who held out til the 1970's or whether we move with the times and stay part of the real world.

Still, I hate it when they change the one way streets in the town I grew up in.

4. Selene

Selene Member

May 18, 2014
    I like to change my scenery and go different places when possible. The change I dislike is technological change. I am no spring chicken and have enough trouble with my computer and all the problems/viruses etc but when my windows 7 is working great and I know it well I hate having to switch to windows 8 and relearn an entire system when there are no benefits to me at all. That is the type of change I dislike.

5. dolfan

dolfan Member

May 20, 2014
    Miami
    thank you......that is what I was taking about. I'm proud of where I am in the computer world. BUT......I'm lazy!!!! and I like to fish and I like to watch sports and I like watching netflex series shows and stuff and.......get the picture

6. Intrepid

Intrepid Be original

May 17, 2014
    That's not laziness; it's pursuing things that you like. What's wrong with that?

7. solari

solari MM.org Janitor Staff Member

Admin Post
    Absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying the things you do. It's called living and you have a life to live. : )

Ray

8. Selene

Selene Member

May 18, 2014
    Yes Dolfan that is great! Anytime I get off the computer, get out of the house & live life it is a win for me. And I finally found a kindred spirit who understands how I feel about technological change!!

9. dolfan

dolfan Member

May 20, 2014
    Miami
    I do need a new phone though ;D

10. Selene

Selene Member

May 18, 2014
    well I have an android which I find much easier to use than anything else only because I am somewhat used to it, but I'm sure everyone has their own opinions about what is easier and best.

11. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    Change is and always has been a part of life. We adapt.

12. Vicki

Vicki Guest

for me I love challenges. Not physical ones but mental ones, I love to troubleshoot and kind of be a detective and figure out the issue.

I don't like change like moving to a new house and stuff like that. I get attached to certain things.

13. I think change makes ya smarter.

14. Selene

Selene Member

May 18, 2014
    I agree totally, smarter and more versatile for sure !

15. hmmmccoy

hmmmccoy My constant companions

May 15, 2014
    I like change as long as I don't have to go out of my home to get it. ;D

16. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    If anybody's interested in change & time, be sure to look into the arrow of time, entropy & the second law of thermodynamics.

17. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    I love change. I worked in a school district for 20 years. Out of the 20 years I worked at the elementary, middle school levels as well as in the Superintendent's office. I don't think I would have lasted 20 years in the district if I had not had the opportunity to change. I also love a challenge, with change comes challenge. Love it.

18. Intrepid

Intrepid Be original

May 17, 2014
    Me too!

19. Lulu

Lulu Member

May 12, 2014
    I'm not a big fan of change either, Scott. I prefer paper money instead. :D

20. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    :D :D :D