1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

I have healed myself 90% in three months, this is how

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Mary of the West, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Lucio

Lucio Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Ok, I can do the cold potatoes too. Thanks

2. Lucio

Lucio Member

Nov 1, 2019
    What about rice? Also bad?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Robert1

Robert1 New Member

Jul 27, 2022
    Mary, Good to hear of your success! Always feels good to know we are not alone on this journey. I've had MD for about 4 years now. The first 3 months were the worst. I woke up with a vicious vertigo attack one night and had them off and on for about two weeks. The next 3 months were dizzy and fog. I felt like I couldn't function and just scared to do anything. The Dr's don't know crap about this disease so they just give you a pill and say good luck! I haven't had a vertigo attack for 3 years, but still some fullness and very light tinnitus in my left ear. I was scared to death to eat anything with salt and was so anxious. I ended up losing about 40lbs. in those first three months because I didn't want another attack. My stress level was off the charts. So one day I just decided I didn't care anymore and then ate whatever I wanted and the salt factor hasn't been an issue for me. I didn't drink soda anyway, but have tea sometimes. I too changed my diet though and it did help a lot. I cut out Gluten first and that was huge. I also started eating more "whole" foods and nothing from a box. One thing that helped a lot was to drink protein shakes everyday. For those who say they can't afford to eat like the book says, protein shakes will go a long way. But you have to drink the good ones, not this Ensure crap. I drink one that plant based called Orgain. They are about $2 each and I drink two a day with other meals. The other thing about eating is don't overeat at one meal. Eat smaller meals through the day to keep your protein and carb levels equal. I just started having some fullness and tinnitus again after 4 years. No big vertigo attacks, but some dizzy spells that I haven't had in awhile. I've come to terms that there is no cure for MD, we live in a fallen world so hey, it's life, but you can manage best you can. I had cataract surgery and had new lenses placed in my eyes in the last 6 months and I think the eye/ear relationship is trying to acclimate. I've lost about 70% of hearing in my right ear. I've put off a hearing aid because I didn't think I needed it, but I'm going to try one out for the first time next week. The more I read the more I'm convinced that the eyes and ears work together. I'm also convinced that a hearing aid will help with balance issues because the brain is working overtime to try to hear correctly. They are studies now that are also finding that if you don't correct your hearing you have a MUCH greater risk of getting dementia early. MD comes in stages, first its like a hurricane, then you will go long periods without anything, then it may come back, but each time it should be milder and easier to handle. Stress is also huge. I went to a counselor to help me relax and live in the moment. MD is not the end, just have to relax and breathe. Mary, I'm glad that you are doing better and I believe 100% that diet is the key. No fast food. No processed foods. But I'm going to reserve judgement that you can be totally healed from MD and restore hearing. That's not what I'm seeing in the masses. But I am a believer in God and he can do all things. So I pray all that read this will get the help they need, find support and may God have mercy on us all and heal us completely!!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Robert1

Robert1 New Member

Jul 27, 2022
    Supplements help, but if you eating a true healthy diet that should help a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Christine in Wisconsin

Christine in Wisconsin New Member

Jul 27, 2022
    Hi Mary! Thank you for sharing your story. I am wondering what you think of this: I have suffered from Meniere's for over 25 years. Twice in my life I have taken antivirals (Amantadine for Influenza and Paxlovid for Covid). Both times, my virus symptoms (fever and body aches) were resolved. But both times I was hit with severe dizziness. Now why would an antiviral diet work differently than an actual antiviral medication? Have you heard of Meniere's patients taking antivirals to resolve their Meniere's symptoms? (Mine include constant tinnitus but episodes of ear fullness, extreme motion sensitivity, headache, fogginess, etc.) I will never take an antiviral again! (and I'm from Wiscconsin and can't imagine giving up milk and cheese and yogurt LOL)

6. Lucio

Lucio Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Day 4 of this almost vegan diet. I feel better, the tinnitus is still there but no vertigo and the fullness has reduced.

The diet sucks though, I crave pizza a lot. Maybe pizza without mozzarella would be ok, that's still vegan.

Can you tell me if rice is ok?

7. Dying Ear

Dying Ear New Member

Dec 4, 2021
    Hey Mary,
    I'm really enthused by your posts - so much so, I'm starting dietary changes TODAY!
    I wonder though, would you be willing to post what supplements you are taking, from the list you mentioned?
    I think other posters here would be very interested too.
    Many thanks.

8. Tinalian

Tinalian New Member

Jul 3, 2022
    Hope you are doing well. I would like know the supplements you take currently. Thanks

9. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021
    hi! way to go giving it a try. the diet is not easy, but for me it is easier to follow the diet than endure the symptoms I get when I step off the diet. anyway, definately skip pizza, esp. gluten is in the top tier of viral feeding foods, and so is dairy. it might have eggs to which is the worst of all. even vegan pizza is likely to not help you as it will have likely corn, soy, possibly pork if you like meat, lots of salt, i recommend medical medium different flat bread pizza, i make his sweet potato pizza by steaming sweet potatoes and then rolling them out, there might be a little cassava flour etc look it up on medicalmedium.com then tons of veggies on top, i put mushrooms, peppers, onions, garlic, zucchini etc

• Fistbump/thanks Fistbump/thanks x 1
  10. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021
    hi there. the supplements i take are generally from Vimergy, vimergy.com. Antony William explains why this brand supplements are the very best for those healing chronic illness/auto-immune, they are the company that doesn't add weird ingredients that are counter productive to healing, they are third party verified. so they are safest if you are really caring about the details which is where the healing takes place, details matter. so the supplements i take are all listed in his book cleanse to heal at the end of the book it is under the heading Meniere's. Vimergy doesn't carry every supplement he recommends, I take alcohol free drops of mullein and burdock from Nature's Answer for example.

currently these are the supps I generally take daily
    B12
    Zinc sulfate
    Cats claw
    ashwaganda
    L-Lysine
    Magnesium glycinate
    Mullein root
    Burdock root

Anti viral and healing teas I drink are:
    nettle, lemon balm, hibiscus, licorice, rose hips, chaga

I drink room temp lemon water first thing and then 1/2 hour later generally juice a glass of celery everyday
    I put wild blue berries and spirulina (vimergy brand) in my smoothie each morning. (the delicious heavy metal detox smoothie which I've come to love and crave)

The FULL list of supplements addressing Meniere's in his book:
    -fresh celery juice
    -Celeryforce
    -Barley grass juic powder
    -B-complex
    -Cat's claw
    -Chaga mushroom
    -Curcumin
    -EPA and DHA (fish free)
    -Eyebright
    -Lemon balm
    -L glutamine
    -Licorice root
    -L Lysine
    -Lomatium root
    -Magnesium glycinate
    -Monolaurin =
    -Mullein leaf
    -Olive Leaf
    -Spirulina
    -Vit B12 as adnosylcobalamin with methylcobalamin
    -Vit C as Micro-C
    -Wild Blueberry powder
    -Zinc (as liquid zinc sulfate)

By the way I got blood work done and following his diet my levels are perfect, eating low protien low fat plant based, I have no anemia, my b-12 levels were TOO high (using Vimergy b-12) so I lessened to just a half dropper! all the protein we need is in plants, is the great fad of our time that is hurting so many to eat high protein.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021
    right on!!! I wish you the best! please post how you feel as you explore and integrate the diet. it takes patience, commitment, and understanding that details matter. please see my post I just added supplement information

12. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021
    by the way rice is ok not nearly as much to offer you as potatoes (we NEED carbs, our body need glucose for our brain to function) however, rice is dangerous because its unlikely you will eat it without adding fats. fats and carbs cause insulin resistance, which is explained by Anthony William in Cleanse to heal, it gets in the way of our body cleansing and fighting viruses, so if you do have rice, don't add oil, meat/fish, etc. and consider eating millet, quinoa which are a little better. I really eat rice so infrequently , I come to realize it doesn't support my energy as much as a nice plate of steamed or roasted potatos (roasted on parchement paper w/no oil).

13. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021
    why would anti-viral diet work differently? well consider, that if you are taking anti-virals, you are putting in your mouth something to fight a virus. but if at the same time you are putting in your mouth all day foods that FEED virus, its extremely counter-productive and paradoxical, you know? so why not make everything you put in your mouth anti-viral, its worth a try!

14. Tinalian

Tinalian New Member

Jul 3, 2022
    Thanks, I would like to know how you feel now with medical medium protocol. Does your hearing stable

15. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021
    I will write a bit more in depth on this next month, which will mark one year on the diet. Suffice to say I am very stable so long as I stay on the diet. I had covid last month and it flared me up to what I felt like pre-diet, I had a terrible headache, brain fog, head and ear pressure, my tinnitus went through the roof, hyperacusis returned. It reminded me of how awful I felt before and how glad I am to have these tools to maintain my well being. So yes following the diet I feel my hearing is stable, I am waiting on a list to get it checked but my observation is there has been no decrease in my hearing, and it may likely have improved, again I will get the exam to confirm. I am able to listen to music, tv, and I can tolerate sounds, all of this was impossible pre-diet. I can engage in normal life activities. I do have anxiety around very loud sounds and stay away from those if I can, and get 'tired' of loud extended listening to electronic sounds as they saturate me again I have PTSD and anxiety which is triggered by noise, however I am able to fly and travel ok, and haven't had any vertigo attacks. No headaches. What I still have is some very light pressure and light tinnitus that I hope I can continue to chip away at as I clean my liver and body feeding it antiviral and anti-inflammatory foods. When I have eaten out, even vegan meal (even plant based restaurant food is usually cooked with cheap oils and then they add soy, corn, vinegar, salt, msg/natural flavorings, all foods best to avoid) , I get flared symptoms, increased tinnitus and ear pressure which I find so uncomfortable, thus I try to minimize going out as much as possible. Going out for a treat for me now is going to get a fresh pressed juice or all fruit/vegetable smoothie. I feel so grateful to have this understanding and control of my symptoms, my hope is it works for others too that are seeking answers. there is no magic pill or this forum wouldn't even exist. this particular healing modality/path requires discipline, dedication, perseverance, and sacrifice, that for me has proved well worth it.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  16. Tinalian

Tinalian New Member

Jul 3, 2022
    I have a question for medical medium protocol. A lot of receipts include a lot of fruits which contain a lot of sugars. Will sugar retain water in the ear? I am kind of confused

17. Mary of the West

Mary of the West Member

Dec 14, 2021
    in my personal experience and the experience of millions healed by medical medium of their auto-immune, fruit is the number one healing food. fruits are not like processed sugars. they have proved a staple of my diet bigger than before, I eat 2-3 bananas mixed with berries and a fresh orange in my breakfast smoothie for instance, and then I eat 2-3 apples a day and 2-3 dates. before I'd eat one banana a day and maybe 2 other pieces of fruit. again, you can slowly integrate the diet to see how you feel. i recommend get cleanse to heal and start with the easiest gentlest approach and transition, which is called the anti-bug cleanse all it is is removing the biggest troublemakers. you could still eat gluten free oats for breakfast for instance, with one banana , stuff like that, but you would omit nut butters and nuts too for a while to get your fats down. and you for sure quit eating eggs, dairy, gluten, most oils, processed foods, soy/corn/vinegar...again, the book is so affordable (even get it at your library if you wish) and it is so complete in its clear explanations. treat it like an experiment at your own pace, and if the first steps feel good and you see improvement as I did , you might go a little further incorporating more elements. its really something you can tailor to your own body and experience

18. Tinalian

Tinalian New Member

Jul 3, 2022
    Thank you for the explanation. I like fruits a lot but I was worrying about diabetes. Now I will try this diet and hopefully I will see a good results

19. Tinalian

Tinalian New Member

Jul 3, 2022
    Hi Mary,
    I am looking forward to your update .

20. Grapejuice

Grapejuice New Member

Oct 13, 2022
    Hi Mary, so when you first started, all you did was cut out dairy, eggs, and gluten, correct? And no taking supplements at the beginning? After doing that, how long before you noticed improvements?
    Did you feel hungry or deprived starting that diet? If so how did you get past it?