1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

I have healed myself 90% in three months, this is how

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Mary of the West, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Mike from Swindon

Mike from Swindon New Member

Oct 30, 2022
    Just to add to the body of anecdotal evidence - and in case this helps anybody else, cutting out gluten has cured my Menieres more or less 100% - I've been left with some residual hearing loss, and minor tinitus, but no more attacks.

I've had Menieres on and off for about 15 years - with attacks about once a month or so and sometimes severely unpleasant and debilitating. A couple of years ago, I wanted to lose a bit of weight and went on the keto (zero carb) diet for 6 months. I was amazed to discover that after a month or so, the Menieres cleared up completely. After the 6 months were up, having lost a fair bit of weight, I started eating 'normally' again. The Meniers came back with a vengence. So obviously it was something that I had been previously cutting out that was triggering it, and thats when I went gluten free whilst continuing with other carbs. That was it - Menieres gone, and for me, definitely gluten. I dont even have to cut it out completely, I seem to be able to have the occasional 'treat' without adverse effect - I just keep it very low.

The thing that makes it so damned hard to pin down is that there is a substantial delay between eating excess gluten and the menieres symptoms - 3 or 4 weeks or so.

Anyway - something to try if you're suffering. I hope it works for others too, and also hope that there will be some research into the link - as doctors dont generally believe there is any link at all.

2. Tinalian

Tinalian New Member

Jul 3, 2022
    Hi Mary, I really need some encouragement. I have started the medical medium diet for one month. However, my ear fullness is going worse. I am wondering how long it takes for you to see the improvements? Thanks

3. MarthaScotland

MarthaScotland New Member

Nov 16, 2022
    Thank you xx

4. MrE

MrE New Member

Nov 17, 2022
    Hi Mike, this is encouraging information - like everyone says "we're all different". If I may ask, you mentioned being diagnosed with Menieres 15 years ago; how severe was your hearing loss and how much did it improve. I've lost about 50% of my hearing in my left ear and everyone says that there's no way it's coming back in any amount. They might be right, but hope is a powerful motivator.

I was diagnosed with Meniere's 4 months ago after noticing some changes in my hearing over the past 16 months. I seemed to have stabilized the vertigo and the ear fullness is improving slowly. My next hope is that I might get some hearing back.