1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

I Just Like Winning

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by redwing1951, Jan 27, 2019.

1. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    My beloved Patriots and boyfriend TB leave for Atlanta today on their way to the Superbowl. Next Sunday 6:30 kick off. As TB stated "I just like winning." Don't we all? Go Pats

2. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Indeed, go Pats. It's good to have the Rams back in LA. But I can't root against my favorite team. I'd hoped all season they wouldn't end up in the Super Bowl against each other. And here they are.

My best friend from high school changed his name from Brad to Brady. Not because of Tom Brady. But just because. It's the strangest thing.

3. redwing1951

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Big day is here. Go Pats !!! Make this day one to remember.

4. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    I don't know about the "one to remember" part. I can't take another down-to-the-last-minute nail biter like we had against Kansas City 2 weeks ago. Seriously, I love a close game, but just NO. I'm ok with a blowout today. My heart can't take another roller coaster ride.

Tom Brady is remarkable. I bought my cocker on Super Bowl Sunday 2005. That was some 14 years ago. I remember listening to the game on the car radio and Jasper crawling into my lap because I'd just taken him from his mother and he was cold. My little black & white cocker died last fall but Tom is still going. Seems strange that Tom's lasted since puppyhood...through to my dog's old age. That's a LONG time. And here he is today in the Super Bowl yet again. Don't know how his body's held up. I played a bit of quarterback in high school and it hurts when those goons drive you into the ground. Tom was born in 1977. The year Elvis died. That's a distant memory. He is not a kid. All good people are rooting for the Patriots today.

Long live The Brady!

5. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Not all good people, Pupper.

The Puppy Bowl is more interesting. I find NFL boring most of the time. I thought I would watch today just cause. Boring. It’s half time and I’m done.

6. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Melc
    You surviving the cold??!

7. redwing1951

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    We won:) Not the most exciting game unless you love the defense part of the game. Love Julian and he deserved the MVP award. But on second thought maybe the defense should have been include d in the award. I wonder how many more haters we picked up

8. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Hi Anne,

This cold isn’t fun but I’ve lived through worse for longer. I walked to the kids’ hockey game yesterday morning at 6:45 because that was warmer than getting into a cold vehicle.

How are you managing?

9. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    I think Tom Brady is a brilliant QB but I can’t get past what rotten person he is. Not a hater, redwing1951; just find it hard to cheer for a guy like him.

10. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Melc
    Well I’m mostly not driving since my vertigo while driving last week. It’s a drag not being able to be outside for long, missing my walks. But friends are driving me places so their cars are warm by the time they get me! A small plus side.

11. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Ahhhhh there's that salty Melc antagonism. Everything is right with the world again. In the name of The Brady I forgive thee my feisty friend.

12. redwing1951

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Melc...what makes you say he is a rotten person? Just wondering from your view.

13. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Anne,

I’m missing my walks, too. The streets are bad today so I’m staying home. I hope we get a Chinook soon.

Pupper,

Not antagonistic; just my opinion.

Redwing1951,

Aside from the topic that we are not allowed to discuss here, I’m not a fan of guys who leave their pregnant girlfriends for another woman. I find his persona to be arrogant. The deflated footballs incident didn’t sit well with me. There’s more but I don’t want Pupper to perceive my comments as antagonistic.

14. redwing1951

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    There is more of course. One can only know the real truth if they are part of it. Interesting how strongly folks feel about him both for and against. Thanks for your input.