1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

I think I am Having A Side Effect-Acyclovir

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Vicki, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Vicki

Vicki Guest

been nice not needing to shave them so often

2. nicmger

nicmger Member

May 12, 2014
    Vicki, what time of day were you taking the a/v and what did you change it too?

3. Vicki

Vicki Guest

I was always taking them at about 8 am 2 hours after my synthroid, I would usually get vertigo in mornings right after I woke up so figured Id take them then, I changed it to about 12 noon

also the hairdresser told me to take biotin and shampoo with mane n tail

4. Shortone

Shortone Down...but not out.

Feb 17, 2015
    Randolph, NJ, USA
    My hair has thinned tremendously since starting acyclovir. My hairdresser recommended biotin and after taking it for about 6 weeks, I am seeing a change in my hair. It's definitely thicker (yay!). I was also told that B-12 is helpful for hair loss so I'm going to look into that as well.

5. Vicki

Vicki Guest

Great!
    I checked and there is biotin in my b complex that I started taking. Did she tell you how many mg of biotin we need for hair growth?

6. Shortone

Shortone Down...but not out.

Feb 17, 2015
    Randolph, NJ, USA
    I'm taking the "extra strength" biotin. It's 10,000 mcg. Once a day with food. This is what I'm taking:

http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Bounty-Biotin-Softgels-Count/dp/B009SZXM4E

7. Vicki

Vicki Guest

I just noticed the lighting makes me look 90 years old eww .LOL Just look at my bangs lol

8. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    You do not look 90!

Yes, I can see a difference, YAY!

9. Vicki

Vicki Guest

LOL because I am so vain I took another pic with normal lighting, I look like an old ghoul in that other pic who is that person lol

also you can see my bangs clearer in this one. So if anyone has this issue try B complx 50 mg and coconut oil hair treatment. I keep it on my hair for 2 hours covered with a plastic cap.

10. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    I could see a difference in both pics, hag! LOL! Just kidding.

I'm so glad it worked for you, I know how happy you are.

11. Vicki

Vicki Guest

LOL yeah I am thrilled, I was so miserable with my hair thinning,
    I have no idea why I looked like that in the other pic gave me lines I don't even have LOL and my skin looked like a ghoul hahaha
    Don't know why I didn't realize before I uploaded it UGH

But I amazed just those 2 little things made such a difference. I still have that 3 bottles of Rogaine unopened if anyone wants it.

12. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    Now THAT is so sweet. You're the BEST, Vicki!

13. Santa

Santa Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Vicki- you said you leave the coconut oil on for 2 hours--is this once a day or once a week or every other day?

I bought some organic coconut oil at Costco 54 ounces for $16

14. Vicki

Vicki Guest

the article I read said you can leave it on from 2 hours to overnight. I do it once a week for 2 hours, the article said twice a week. Remember to cover your hair with a plastic cap

15. Santa

Santa Member

Aug 5, 2014
    I put it on for 2 hours last night and covered it with a publix plastic bag. I didn't have any wrap. Plastic bag allowed me to lean back and watch a movie without getting oil all over my couch. My hair feels great, nice conditioner.

16. Vicki

Vicki Guest

fyi I use 2-3 tablespoons (I have long but fine hair) and heat it then let it cool a bit and then put it all over my hair

17. Vicki

Vicki Guest

nice! yes it makes my hair feel great silky and smooth, I have very dry hair. I found plastic wrap worked good for me. I tried a plastic shower cap but it was more comfortable with plastic wrap.

18. nicmger

nicmger Member

May 12, 2014
    Vicki, I would love to see a picture of you with the plastic wrap over your head! ;D :D

19. Vicki

Vicki Guest

LMAO it is quite a sight

20. linda

linda Member

Jul 8, 2015
    MT
    I have been suffering fluctuating hearing loss, it is hard to hear low sounds, I have had lots of vertigo lately, I have been prescribed Meclazine and or Ativan, and i am going to get a Meniett device, no one has ever mention Acyclovir to me, what is it? And even when the vertigo goes away, all I want to do is sleep, I am complaining! I lost 3 days of work this week.Does any one else have dizziness for 3-4 days in a row, with some relief from the Meclazine or Ativan, and I have to lay down with my head still I am 63 years old,