1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

I think I am Having A Side Effect-Acyclovir

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Vicki, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Vicki

Vicki Guest

Hi Linda,
    acyclovir is an antiviral, some doctors believe MM has a viral cause and antivirals seems to help many of us but not all but a majority of us with symptom relief. They believe an HSV embeds itself on a nerve in the inner ear.

Here is a paper by Dr Gacek showing a viral cause for MM and how he treats it in his clinical practice which he has a 90% success rate with antivirals. I believe his protocol is on page 104 of the document

http://www.mm3admin.co.za/documents/docmanager/6e64f7e1-715e-4fd6-8315-424683839664/00056616.pdf

I have MM for 50 years and have been symptom free except for tinnitus which is drowned out by background noise for over 2.5 years due to taking acyclovir.

2. linda

linda Member

Jul 8, 2015
    MT
    thanks Vicki

3. Vicki

Vicki Guest

Santa this is my hair now after taking vit b complex for months. I did cut it but you can see my bangs look fuller

4. nicmger

nicmger Member

May 12, 2014
    Looking good! Vit B complex hasn't made a difference for me - I did just put a shower filter on my showerhead as I think perhaps my water here is contributing. I didn't have this issue when I lived in WA and there it was a soft water. Here it is called "moderately hard". Hopefully this helps! :D

5. Vicki

Vicki Guest

thanks nicmger :)
    I am not crazy about it short, will be growing it again but its the biotin in the vit B that does helps the hair. Make sure it had that in it.
    Also did you try coconut oil treatments on your hair?

I hope the filter helps!

6. nicmger

nicmger Member

May 12, 2014
    I have been taking biotin and a B complex. Haven't tried coconut oil treatments yet.
    Too soon to tell about the shower filter - but when I was back in WA for a visit for 5 days I didn't notice as much hair in the shower there...so perhaps the filter will do the "trick".

Glad that your hair is looking full and amazing!!

7. Santa

Santa Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Dang. I thought it was like a month ago when u started this thread. I just looked and now I am shocked to see u started it in December.

Looks good Vicki

8. Santa

Santa Member

Aug 5, 2014
    I'm trying to insert image. Not sure how. If this works this is the first time I tried coconut oil on my scalp. I didn't have saran wrap so I used a plastic grocery bag. ;D

9. Santa

Santa Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Well, that didn't work. How do I insert photo?

10. Vicki

Vicki Guest

Santa click reply and theres a browse button when you expand the plus sign next to attachments and other options, don't use the quick rely but the reply button

Nicmger I hope the shower filter works! fingers crossed.

11. Vicki

Vicki Guest

edit* don't use the quick reply

12. Santa

Santa Member

Aug 5, 2014

13. Santa

Santa Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Thank you Vicki

There's my Coconut Head

14. Lisa

Lisa Member

Mar 21, 2015
    Vicky, you have been on antivirals for
    So many years I would think that would have
    Been something that would have happened
    Already years ago.although I know at any time
    Side effects can occur , maybe since
    You have a thyroid condition your synthroid
    Needs to be increased. My hair was falling out
    When my thyroid needed an increase.
    Good luck hopefully it's something simple and
    Easy to fix.

15. Vicki

Vicki Guest

LOL Santa you look better than me wrapped in plastic :)

16. Vicki

Vicki Guest

I have been on thyroid meds since I am 50 (13 years) My endocrinologist checks my values every 3 months and when I told him about my hair loss he ran a truckload of blood tests so did my dermatologist, everything came back fine.

17. Vicki

Vicki Guest

Santa make sure you wash the coconut oil out of your hair and scalp very well. I ended up with Folliculitis and the itching drove me crazy. It was easily treated with antibiotic ointment.

18. Muff

Muff Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Hi Vicki, what B complex are you taking? I am losing hair also (and I am not even on an antiviral!). Thyroid is fine...i think it is due to the stress of this disease!

19. Vicki

Vicki Guest

solgar vit b complex 50 mg which is low but I am sensitive to meds and supplements. I believe its more the biotin that helps with hair growth.
    also do the virgin coconut oil hair treatment. leave on for min 2 hrs cover with a plastic cap. Make sure to rinse your hair and scalp well after

20. Muff

Muff Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Thanks so much, Vicki. Yes, I am so sensitive to meds and supplements also so I knew that you would be a great person to ask. I will try the virgin coconut oil hair treatment also. I really appreciate it :)