1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

I was just diagnosed and need help.

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Glynis K, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Glynis K

Glynis K New Member

May 1, 2016
    Please help me God

2. moodymom27

moodymom27 Active Member

You've come to the right place for some great support. There are tons of people here that have been going through this a long time and some like me are pretty new but we all share our experiences and what has helped and what hasn't. There are many success stories here. I was just diagnosed in January so I understand how lost and scared you must feel right now, just as everyone here does. Best of luck and positive thoughts and hugs coming your way.

3. Glynis K

Glynis K New Member

May 1, 2016
    TY

4. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    Prayers for you.

((((( HUGS )))))

5. jvk311729

jvk311729 New Member

Sep 29, 2016
    I also was recently diagnosed. Less than a month ago.. Very scary, This site has helped a lot. If you need anyone to vent to or anything please don't hesitate to write.. shoot ill even offer my working hear if you want to talk.. just let me know.. What ive learned most of all is a lot of people just don't understand what we really go thru,... so its important to get all the support you can. Best wishes

Phil

6. donnisue

donnisue Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Have you tried joh regime yet? It has worked very well for me. So far it is the only thing I use except for clariton daily. I still hae some break thru dizzy and then I use meclazine.

7. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 Member

May 20, 2014
    My prayers go with you. I have been declining with severe bilateral menieres for over 66 years. I have good and b d days, but have lived a fairly normal life. My balance and hearing are gone. Uses WALKER TO get around.

8. marie

marie Member

Jan 6, 2017
    I was diagnosed a couple years ago but didn't have symptoms for long periods of time until 20 days ago. Taking 12.5mg of meclizine 4 times a day has enabled me to get out some days. So I've tried walking when I can, eliminated caffeine and cut back on dairy, sodium, chocolate and gluten. I've eaten prepared foods for many years; forgot about the low sodium diet when my symptoms went away. Also hadn't done the modified eply procedure for a while. I've started Vitamin C 500 mg three times a day, L- Lysine and Vinpocetine 10mg every morn.
    -saw a dr. today who ordered an MRI.
    I wonder if I'll be able to work.
    What vestibular exercises do any of you do?
    What diet helps?
    The best to all of you.

9. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    ("Please help me God" )

What a great place to be.

Please help me cry out for you every day Lord.

Please help me to depend on you for sustenance.

Please help me bring everything before you.

Amen and Amen.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Sometimes just walking with a stick is vestibular challenge enough! Ha! Tandem stance with eyes closed and arms crossed was prescribed to me - I fall to the right. I’ve recently taken up tai chi, 5 minutes a day from YouTube Taiflow.
    I don’t know if it helps but I’m gluten and egg free, mostly dairy free (sometimes a girl just needs cheese). Low salt. No coffee now, just green tea. No booze for 2 years. Yet this last year has been vertigo hell so who knows. Maybe I need to start drinking again! JK. My most consistent trigger is barometric change.