1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Is anyone using CBD oil for vertigo?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Weeba, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Weeba

Weeba Member

Jun 19, 2020
    Just wondering if anyone is using CBD oil for vertigo and would like to know if it is working or not? How often should a person take it and what dose? Where is the cheapest place to purchase it? I apologize if these questions have been answered already. Thanks.

2. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    I don't use CBD for vertigo. I do use it at times for when I am not able to sleep or when I am anxious. My advice is to buy from a reputable source. There are many strains of CBD/Hemp. Research before you buy. A health store can explain the amount of dosage you should start with. CBD is not cheap so make sure you get your money's worth from a good source.

3. zotjen

zotjen Member

May 12, 2014
    Although I don't use it, just a word of caution regarding CBD oil. There is a long list of medications that CBD may interact with so it's best to speak with your doctor before using it. And as Redwing said, if you do buy it, make sure you do so from a reputable source because the quality can vary greatly.

4. Weeba

Weeba Member

Jun 19, 2020
    I have been taking hemp oil which is different than CBD I was told. The only med I take is a diuretic plus some JOH vitamins. Thanks

5. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Weeba did you try betahistine?

6. Gina Manchego

Gina Manchego New Member

Jul 1, 2020
    Hello-my neurologist suggested trying it for my vertigo/Ménière’s symptoms because CBD is supposed to help with body inflammation-maybe it will work on my inner ear. I did my first dose last night. 2.5mg of Lasirus Naturals full spectrum CBD and I slept deeply all night. Didnt feel the spinning I sometimes do during sleep. This morning my vertigo is minimal but I’m still super groggy. I’ll keep you posted.

7. Weeba

Weeba Member

Jun 19, 2020
    I tried betahistine many years ago and noticed no effect.

8. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    What dose did you take? I have to go up to 24mg every 12 hours for it to take effect. And I know that you can take 24mg every 8h too, maybe even higher doses. Be well informed because there are people who rule out betahistine taking only 8 or 16mb or taking it only 1-2 months, it is a medicine that takes 5-6 months to take effect.

9. Weeba

Weeba Member

Jun 19, 2020
    I tried it about 25 years ago and don't remember the dose. Back then I was having very few attacks so I could not say one thing or another helped or not. I went on a 3 year stretch with no symptoms and thought I was "cured" but no such luck.

10. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Well give it a second chance, ask your doctor if you can take 24mg every 8h or at least every 12h. In 2 months tell me whether or not you notice relief in dizziness, even in the tinnitus after 3-4 months also seems to lower it a little. It is also not incompatible with other things you want to try like JOH, vitamins, oils, etc.