1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Is it just me or.........

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Bulldogs, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    is life truly better in a tee-shirt and flip flops or sandals?

i came down to see if my little boston whaler boat made it (it was fine in the dry storage dock) and tow it back to Atlanta to peddle around the lake on with the kids...... and i must admit this time of year (Fall and Winter) is just beautiful in Florida.

The little mom and pop ice cream shops and burger joints that have been around forever never get old and the pink and yellow little houses on crystal blue water and sand paved sidewalks lined with gift shops just does it to me every time.

and then

you take that walk on the beach and come back and put your chair in the sand with your feet in the water and it seems like life just stands still and all the stress and worries get washed away with each wave and tide as you watch the beauty and majesty of the ocean.

Maybe it is just me but it sure feels like a little peace of heaven and i each time i visit this time of year i thank God for such beauty and place where no matter how old you are everybody seems to be a kid again.

Oh Well.... Is it just me or is life really better in a tee shirt, bathing suit and flip flops.

2. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Life really is good in Tshirt, flip flops and shorts. I can't says it's better cause ...better than what?

3. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    Well, what do you think is better than a tee shirt and flip flops sitting on a beautiful beach?

I do love a nice lake as well.

4. Gracie

Gracie Active Member

May 13, 2014
    Bulldogs it must be nice to sit around like that and I wonder where you are from is it shorts and flip flops all the year round?does it get cold enough for sweaters?

5. It would be nice!

6. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    MM notwithstanding, life in general is good.

I love a hike in the mountains, especially in the spring.
    I love sitting out on my back deck watching the sun rise, sipping coffee in the summer.
    I love to cuddle under my quilt with the dog and a good book in the winter.
    I love to go skating with the grandkids in the winter.
    So while I agree with you that a T Shirt and flip flops at the beach definitely is great, for me it's not necessarily better.

7. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    I live in Atlanta....a city of 5 million people full of stress, traffic and all the other issues and worries a big city has such as crime, cost of living ect.....I must admit Atlanta has beautiful weather 9 months a year but it does get Cold 3 months a year for winter clothes but the one thing Atlanta does not have is water/ocean.

Here in Atlanta I feel like an ATM for my kids.....it's all gimmie, gimmie gimmie, and the non stop running around to extracurricular activities for 3 kids and the stress of a job/running a company.

Here it goes..... None of that matters when I am in Florida at the ocean, the kids play all day and the adults enjoy themselves just as much and it is Free Entertainment except for the occasional snow cone, ice cream cone or soda on a hot day. It's just takes me back to a simple time where the kids forget they have or need an iPad , cellphone or even a car as at the beach our family walks or bikes everywhere.

Life is truly better in flip flops, tee shirt and a bathing suit....and a bike for transportation as the waves roll in over my feet.

8. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    Those all sound like fun!!!

I love the winter and fires in the fireplace but for some reason after a while the winter gets old for me but waking on a beach or putting my feet in the water or jumping in a pool in Florida during the fall and winter never gets old to me. I just find Florida to be beautiful October through March!

9. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    An equation harmonising quantum mechanics with general relativity & a boisterous orangutan sitting on a beautiful beach?

10. Gracie

Gracie Active Member

May 13, 2014
    this is wonderful bulldogs,I believe that I could like 9months are nice weather,you sound like a great dad,

11. I'm from Atlanta. Other than the mountains, there is no place I'd rather live on earth. You have to appreciate any city for what it is, and Atlanta is a city in constant transition, allowing it to progress with the times. Yes, it has crime, and traffic but the cultural advantages available in this beautiful city of revival are second to none. I would give anything to go to the High Museum, Atlanta Botanical Gardens, Zoo Atlanta, Piedmont Park, or Fernbank, just to name a scant few. Due to all of the asphalt in the city proper, it can feel quite hot in the summer, so I completely understand the desire to go to the beach or be near some body of water. I would suggest Lake Lanier for desperate times. It's not the beach, but since it's only about an hour away from Atlanta, it will do in a pinch.
    You do sound like a very doting and caring father, Bulldogs. Maybe you should teach a, "how to class."

12. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    If I wasn't responsible for employees or have kids and it was just me, I would live in Maine (or somewhere in New England) for the summer/fall and Florida for the winter.

13. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    I feel very fortunate because I do have a home in NH and in Florida. My home in NH is exactly one hour to the White Mountain Range, one hour to the Atlantic ocean and one hour to Boston. I am only 45 mins. To Lake Winnipesaukee the place I love the most. My Florida home is less than a 10 min. Walk to the most beautiful beach, 15 miles is white sugar sand. I can ride my bike to the national seashore just about 5 miles from my house. I love being outdoors and the change of seasons. Come late October when the last leaves fall from the trees and it is dark by 4:30 I will head south. I feel so blessed in so many ways. I hope you too will have this opportunity once your children have left the nest and you and Chief have retired from your jobs. It's truly a wonderful life.

14. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    ^^^^nice

Red,
    Your living the dream. You worked for it and you deserve it!!!

I hope to be there once the last one goes off to college.

15. Can someone pack me in their suitcase? I'm small. It could work!