1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Italian Tomato Soup Recipe

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by paisley, Aug 18, 2015.

1. paisley

paisley Guest

Here you go Cheryl. You can probably make the whole thing for close to $10.

http://community.kingarthurflour.com/content/cheesecake-factorys-new-cheesecake-flavor-lemon-meringue-cheesecake

2. paisley

paisley Guest

This one looks way better.

http://cookiesandcups.com/lemon-meringue-cheesecake/

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Oooh, the second one for sure. I'm going to try it next time I'm in the baking mood. Maybe when company is coming. I wouldn't want to have to eat the whole thing by myself.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  4. paisley

paisley Guest

Yes definitely the second one. Let me know how it turns out when you make it. I hadn't heard of turning the oven off and letting it cool there for 4 hours. I make a really nice turtle cheese cake, so will try that method the next time I bake it.

There are some really good recipes on that blog.

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    I looked at some of them. The s'mores cheesecake, oh my gosh! Will have to try some of them this winter. I've never made a cheesecake before. I'll have to get one of those pans because I'm really anxious to try it. It's probably going to be a couple of weeks, but I am going to make one and I'll let you know how delicious it is.

6. paisley

paisley Guest

You don't need a spring form pan. You can use a deep dish pie plate. The spring form allows for presentation which may or may not be a big deal.

I am going to try her snicker doodle cobbler. I have a similar Re ipe but it's chocolate. Cinnamon caramel would be a neat twist.

How was your day? I cleaned out two closets and took some really good clothes to the thrift shop. Somebody's going to find a treasure.

7. paisley

paisley Guest

Cheryl,

The coconut cream pie was a success, but I would never enter it in the fair. Trying to make bad crust is weird.

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    When trying to make mushy crust on purpose, just how do you do that? I was thinking about coconut cream pie all evening. And I wouldn't even care if it had a mushy crust. :D I settled for plain yogurt with blueberries. Not quite the same.

9. paisley

paisley Guest

I applaud you eating plain yogurt....ick! Good on ya.

The crust was requested to be soggy, so I made enough to be able to roll it too thick, then slightly underbake it, then pour the filling in while both crust and filling are warm and voila! Soggy crust. Yuck.

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    It's really good, California Sun. When I was planting my tomato plants last weekend I thought about how good a pot of this soup is going to be using fresh, home grown tomatoes. I'm not sure if the San Marzano brand is available in our grocery stores. I'll have to check it out.

11. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    San Marzano tomatoes are a specific type of tomato, grown only the San Marzano region of Italy. They are very expensive and usually only available in Italian markets. There are "San Marzano-type" of canned tomatoes which are the same species of tomato, but grown elsewhere. IMO, they are just as good, a lot more reasonably priced, and often available in regular supermarkets.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lynne

Lynne Member

Oct 18, 2022
    California

13. Lynne

Lynne Member

Oct 18, 2022
    California

14. Lynne

Lynne Member

Oct 18, 2022
    California
    Many soups and sauces taste good with sour cream on top. A tomatoey borscht is very going. Also, in lieu of sour cram, cottage cheese or natural dairy free sour cream is yummy. :)