1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

It's Amazing!!

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by hmmmccoy, May 22, 2014.

1. hmmmccoy

hmmmccoy My constant companions

May 15, 2014
    The more I read about other religions, the more I come into my own belief. There's no specific religion that has all the answers. Some are scary, some bring true peace and some just help guide a person through life. It's too bad there's so much judgement out there. When, in it's simplicity, they (different religions) all say the same. Love comes above all else. My humble opinion anyway.

2. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    As long as you believe in something, that makes it real for you. I feel very peaceful when I'm in church and after I leave. I will miss going every weekend now that grandson has made First Holy Communion. Future daughter in law was Baptized, make Communion and Comfirmation so she could be married in a Catholic Church because I raised my children in the Catholic religion. I am so very proud of her. She is a welcome addition to our family.

3. DL Bach

DL Bach Member

May 18, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    Holly, I found the same thing to be true. I was raised Southern Baptist, but learned I was part Jewish when I was 21 years old. It wasn't until about 10 years later when I began really questioning why I believed the things I believed that I really began to understand things. Many of us believe what we do because that is what we are taught as a child. There is nothing wrong with this. I would never try to change anyone from what they believe in their hearts to be truth. For me, I started meeting people of other religions and beliefs. I asked myself the tough questions and as a self-proclaimed historian and history buff, I began researching through historical eyes and learning all I could. I feel freer now and have a better understanding of things.