1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

it's possible a high-tone sshl in meniere?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Victor, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Victor

Victor New Member

Dec 27, 2019
    Hello all,

A patient who has experienced dizziness for two months, and who has a multichannel vestibular deficit, has a high-tone sshl. Can be a meniere?

Thanks

2. Gardengal

Gardengal Member

May 12, 2015
    I think menieres is usually low tone. I think menieres is rather episodic than constant. What you are describing could be more MAV?

3. Victor

Victor New Member

Dec 27, 2019
    The evolution was as follows.
    For two months, he suffered 3 severe dizziness crises.
    After two months, he suffered a high frequency SSHL, which after 5 days recovered almost completely.
    Currently the hearing is perfect, and has mild dizziness.
    thanks

4. Victor

Victor New Member

Dec 27, 2019
    Also, remember that he has a multichannel vestibular deficit.

thanks

5. Victor

Victor New Member

Dec 27, 2019
    Nobody reply?

6. Clare

Clare Active Member

Mar 31, 2018
    I'm guessing the lack of replies is because the briefly described symptoms aren't recognized as the classical Meniere's familiar to many of us. 4 symptoms are typical of Meniere's -- fullness, tinnitus, fluctuating hearing loss, and vertigo.

The fluctuating hearing you described fits, but, as gardengal mentioned above, usually the lower frequencies are more affected in the early stages. You don't mention tinnitus or fullness in the ear, and don't say whether one or both ears are affected. Meniere's usually starts out unilaterally. Finally, you mention dizziness, which is a vague term. Those of us who have had vertigo -- sudden onset, room-spinning, lasting 2 - 6 hours or so, often with vomiting -- would not describe the experience as "dizziness", which is a word that does not express the complete disabling of vertigo.

Have you investigated migraine associated vertigo, as suggested? Has MRI uncovered anything? Good luck in your search.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/thanks Fistbump/thanks x 1
  7. Victor

Victor New Member

Dec 27, 2019
    Thanks for your reply Clare. I will investigate about MAV.

Regards