1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Joe / Irma

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Nathan, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Check in asap, Joe, & let us know that you're OK.

2. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    That goes for you too, Ray.

Does any know where Dolfan's located?

3. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    It's going to be a big one.
    Dolfan is in Miam, he should be ok, hopefully he came up to Atlanta as his sister lives here.

The Florida Keys are going to get crushed.
    I can kiss my boat goodbye but it is insured. That's life!!

4. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    It most definitely looks that way.

Good to know you're already gone. Smart man.

Does anyone have a direct contact with Ray &/or Dolfan?

Granting what we know now, if anyone knows anyone in Florida, particularly in coastal areas, who is planning to stay & buckle down on landfall, it's worth trying to persuade them to move north now.

Joe, what is the state of current north bound traffic conditions? Is there already heavy traffic on the freeways or … ?

5. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    Monroe county which is basically the Keys....key largo to Key West is a mess. There is no gas, water, supplies ect..... The shelves in the grocery stores and gas stations are empty.

Florida tends to handle hurricanes a little better than most states because they are use to it and have protocols in place. Lots of people will head out of Miami and into the center of the state like Orlando which has an abundance of hotels and shelter because of the Disney infrastructure and Disney is very very good about taking people into the hotels as things pass through.

If this thing is/remains a category 5 and comes up through the Keys and into Miami then it will be devastating.

6. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Hey Joe stay safe my friend. So thankful I have a home in NH but a little concerned about my neighborhood in NSB. Scheduled to go in October unless Irma hits us then will get down sooner to do clean up if necessary. To all our friends and people along the east coast our prayers are with you.

7. redwing1951

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    My neighborhood now has mandatory evacuation. Joe what's it look like for you?

8. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    We are ok, no lasting damage, but many older construction destroyed. Friends in Naples have some roof and water/flood damage but all will be ok Your place ok Red?

9. redwing1951

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    We dodged another bullet. Couple pieces of fence down and soffet. Still no power. So thankful that is all. Our neighborhood did quite well except no power.