1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.
John of Ohio

JOH (John of Ohio) Regimen for Meniere's Disease details

1. John of Ohio

John of Ohio Active Member

May 17, 2014
    Very few of those who've had success with my regimen against Meniere's and have reported those successes to me have reported that they had any tests for herpes viruses. It's not clear that a herpes infection of the inner ear would be detectable. Perhaps the infection is too local and not big enough to be detected. Or, the herpes viruses causing most Meniere's cases may not be detected by standard herpes tests.

Of those many gaining relief with my regimen very few had herpes tests performed.

--John of Ohio

2. Mark55

Mark55 Active Member

Feb 23, 2020
    Washoe Valley, Nevada
    Thanks for the info! Always appreciate your knowledge

3. Jonny_rotten

Jonny_rotten New Member

Dec 20, 2022
    So far so good started new years day never been better

I take

l lysine 3000mg
    Lemon bionfold ( sp) 1 tablet (100mg i think)
    Magnsium before bed
    Vinpocetine ( not all the time though)

if i go away for a weekend etc i wont bother taking any of the supps with me and im still fine touch wood

Cant thank you enough @John of Ohio

i was literally having 3-4 attacks a day that where fully making me bed bound

long may it continue

4. MrE

MrE Active Member

Nov 17, 2022
    For what it's worth, a number of months ago, I asked this exact question to Dr. Mark Gacek, one of the central doctors in the Meniere's viral theory. Essentially, he replied with the exact answer of John of Ohio saying that there's typically not enough viral load to be detected in a standard test and that the virus is localized. It's also why they prescribe a relatively high amount of antiviral because so little of the drug makes it to the inner ear.

5. Mark55

Mark55 Active Member

Feb 23, 2020
    Washoe Valley, Nevada
    Very interesting info. I was blown away from the blood test, as I don't recall ever having a cold sore. This virus stuff is very interesting to say the least.

6. John of Ohio

May 17, 2014
    Cold sores are just one manifestation of a herpes viral infection. There are a multitude of herpes viruses, with a multitude of symptoms; or none at all. For Meniere's (when caused by a herpes virus), all herpes viruses, to replicate, require a specific enzyme, and when it gets contaminated with lysine (as opposed to the enzyme's preferred arginine), the enzyme can no longer facilitate herpes virus replication. The infection ends.

--John of Ohio

7. Grenadineflaps

Grenadineflaps New Member

Aug 10, 2023
    What are your thoughts about ditching the Vitamin C? I believe out of all the supplements, that is the only one that doesn't sit well, I get moderate stomach pain.

Also, can you remind me what is "the big four" supplements to take? I remember reading it in the forum here somewhere but couldn't find it.

8. John of Ohio

May 17, 2014
    If vitamin C is causing discomfort, delete it. Or, cut the dosage in half and see if that helps.

Presently (in the most recent version of the regimen, here are the four components:

1. Lysine.

2. Vinpocetine.

3. Gingko Biloba Extract.

4. Vitamin C.

But many have found relief with only the lysine. It stops the replication of herpes viruses; which in about 85% of Meniere's cases are the cause of the disease.

Because it so powerfully supports the immune system and its ability to suppress both viruses and bacterial pathogens, I now recommend that 5000IU of vitamin D-3 be taken each day. To work fully, vitamin D also needs adequate magnesium. So a magnesium supplement should be taken. Magnesium glycinate works well. Taken as directed on the product label.

Also supporting vitamin D is vitamin K-2. It causes the proper partitioning of calcium; keeping it in bones and out of arteries.

--John of Ohio

9. MightyResilience

MightyResilience New Member

Aug 15, 2023
    Are there potential concerns regarding increased bleeding, stroke, or excessively elevated cerebral blood flow? Considering that Lemon Bioflavonoids, Vinpocetine, Gingko Biloba Extract, and Vitamin E are known to have blood-thinning properties.

It's interesting to note that Pycnogenol is often recommended by fellow individuals with Meniere’s for similar effects which could increase this risk too.

I'm simply curious! Appreciate your insights. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  10. MightyResilience

Aug 15, 2023
    With the most recent version of the regimen, are you still suggested the same dosages of Lysine, Vinpocetine, Gingko Biloba Extract, and Vitamin C? Thanks, John. You are a lifesaver.

11. John of Ohio

May 17, 2014
    All of the mentioned, listed supplements are and have been used extensively for things other than Meniere's. Simply, they have not caused "blood-thinning" problems.

12. Grenadineflaps

Aug 10, 2023
    Where did you read, or hear about this? Can you provide links, or was it just out of curiosity? Thanks

13. Grenadineflaps

Aug 10, 2023
    Do you still follow up recent journal articles. There's one from 2021 with promising information about antivirals, supporting the theory MD is viral. The study was conducted in 2018, I believe: https://www.thieme-connect.com/products/ejournals/pdf/10.1055/s-0041-1724221.pdf

14. wendy

wendy Member

May 18, 2019
    I take 1000 mg of L Lysine, one tablet of the lemon bioflavonoids as well as a scoop of monolaurin per day, and so far, it has kept any symptoms at bay for four years. I do add the B5/5 regimen with additional D3 per day.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MightyResilience

Aug 15, 2023
    Just out of curiosity!

• Like Like x 1
  16. wendy

wendy Member

May 18, 2019
    If you go to the first post on this thread, John of Ohio provides his regimen. I use the L-Lysine and lemon bioflavonoids he recommends. The Monolaurin was suggested by other members. If you do a search, you should find that information. I also think vitamin C and Vitamin E helps me. The B5/B6 protocol can be searched as well.

17. Rony08

Rony08 New Member

Sep 2, 2023
    Hi everyone & Jon,
    I’m new to this forum and been having this horrible disease over the last 9 years with mix results with diets (Example: Low salt, no salt or dairy and regular diet and nothing has worked too well for me.) I’m in a point that I desperately want my old life back after my accident (2014) with my right ear. The cause: an Earplug… that’s right. a plain earplug from Walgreens cause me to be in the most darkest place in the world (Ménière’s).Also it didn’t help that I had an ear infection after the plug caused me to experience the Vertigo and apply ear drops (antibiotics in my ear canal which now I know is a No No.) I want to be able to travel and work like my old self again. It doesn’t help that I’m a car guy who loves to drive but cannot due to this illness (I drive less than 30 miles now).The only thing that helped me during these years was back massage therapy that helped me to get to work and drive for long distances without having strong vertigo. The most strangest thing that help me during a vertigo attack is Lemon salt water (it’s some type of homemade electrolytes), Chinese herbal pills and chamomile tea. I would like to know what’s the best methods for JOH protocol? Such as how much mg for the supplements? And for how long with a certain amount of Mgs before downsizing? I would really appreciate your inputs. Thank you for your time.

-Ron

18. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
    Can vitamin D. caused kidney disease

19. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023

20. John of Ohio

May 17, 2014
    I am a student of vitamin D biology. I know of no cases or mechanisms by which vitamin D will cause kidney disease.

--John of Ohio

• Like Like x 1