1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.
John of Ohio

JOH (John of Ohio) Regimen for Meniere's Disease details

1. Mark55

Mark55 Active Member

Feb 23, 2020
    Washoe Valley, Nevada
    John,
    Forgive me if this was already addressed in this thread. What is the best diet to accompany your program? I have been looking at viral diets (herpes, etc )online. Some contradict others, some vague. Any suggestions for us Meniere's people that are using JOH?
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Big thanks!!

2. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
  3. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
    Did u take any things for the fluid in the ear s

4. Good Listener

Good Listener New Member

May 29, 2023
    I can only speak for myself, but my tinnitus dropped in level by 50% after following a low-carb, no ultra processed food, no added sugar diet. Since starting the regimen (although I cannot attribute this to the regimen, lots of other interventions started around the same time) the volume has been cut down by about 25% more. Now I barely notice it. I think the diet is huge.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Good Listener

Good Listener New Member

May 29, 2023
    I am beginning to suspect allergy as a primary driver of my symptoms. Like last year it came on late January and went away around July. My prediction is I will be symptom free till next Jan/Feb.

I persist in the regimen, but it may be useful to discontinue at some point to test efficacy, and my hypothesis.
    Also, I had not heard that the vit E and MSM had also been nixed along with the lemon bioflavonoid.

6. John of Ohio

John of Ohio Active Member

May 17, 2014
    I've done no research or conducted any personal trials regarding diets that might help suppress Meniere's symptoms. Can't offer any suggestions on the topic.
    --John of Ohio

7. John of Ohio

May 17, 2014
    Presently, and now for many years, after taking my regimen persistently for a number of years, I have no Meniere's symptoms at all. The disease destroyed the hearing in my left ear, and it will never come back (hair cells destroyed). But I have no tinnitus, ear fulness, or any other symptom.
    --John of Ohio

8. Mark55

Mark55 Active Member

Feb 23, 2020
    Washoe Valley, Nevada
    That is awesome!
    I look at the viral herpes diets, high lysine/low arginine and find that much of the stuff goes against some of the Meniere's diets. Argh... I will keep on experimenting.

9. Mark55

Mark55 Active Member

Feb 23, 2020
    Washoe Valley, Nevada
    Big thanks! As always, your info is appreciated!

10. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
  11. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
    Do you take lemon bioflavonoids and do you still gets fullness in your ears

12. JanieJiffy

JanieJiffy Member

Apr 30, 2023
    Many MD sufferers, including me, have allergies. I am starting on allergy desensitization drops tailored for me according to my known environmental allergies. They take at least 6 months of daily use to (possibly) work.

I would like to add that Caring Medical has an interesting article on the connection of a misaligned cervical spine to increased reaction to allergies, because apparently the Eustacian tubes of the ear have some connection to the nerves that run through the cervical spine. Many MD sufferers (like me) have problems in the neck--a recent x-ray of mine, for example, showed disc misalignment and slippage. I am working on cervical spine realignment and also wearing a cervical collar.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
    Did the celery juice work for you

14. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
    How u getting on with the betahistine and regime

15. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
    Did the d
    Do the diuretic work for u

16. Lachlan

Lachlan New Member

Sep 7, 2023
    Hi John. Big thanks for putting together the regiment and being active on here.
    I’ve had MM for 7 years but the past six months have been the worst, since a vertigo attack in March 2023. I had essentially been in remission for 5 years prior to this.
    I started the JOH protocol three weeks ago and after two weeks I felt markedly better across each of my symptoms. This past week I have felt a few of the symptoms creeping back to where they were three weeks ago. Fluctuating hearing (typically worse as the day goes on), louder tinnitus and some unsteadiness.
    I understand that symptoms can get worse before they get better - however, would you expect to see a pattern of improvement and regression (such as I have experienced in the first 3 weeks), trending towards complete suppression over a period of a few months?
    Many thanks!

17. John of Ohio

May 17, 2014
    What you've described has appeared to be common; where the regimen (particularly the lysine) brings some level of symptomatic relief, but after that symptoms revert and become more severe. In most cases like this the staying with the lysine eventually brings relief. It appears that the virus, when being suppressed by the lysine, somehow becomes more active, with stronger symptoms. But in the majority of cases with this, persisting with the lysine eventually terminates the viral activity. It seems that when symptoms get worse while on the lysine it signals that the virus is actually burning out and control of its activity will be attained. Don't give up. Stay with the lysine for at least several more months. Very high chance the virus will weaken and then become inactive. I have numerous records of this scenario.

--John of Ohio

18. Good Listener

Good Listener New Member

May 29, 2023
    All interesting information. I have also been doing NUCCA and in fact have a cervical vertebra lack-of-curvature that we are working on. Even if this turns out to be viral, I need to be doing work on the neck in any case. Everything you said applies to me.

19. Lachlan

Lachlan New Member

Sep 7, 2023
    Thanks. This is what I suspect is happening with me also.
    I do note that my symptoms, on the whole, are still much improved on where I was three weeks. It was just interesting that a few of them started flaring again this week.
    I am also only up to step 4 of the protocol (Ginkgo), though I have added Vit D3 + K2 and Magnesium to the schedule per some of your earlier commentary on here.
    I’m hoping once I have the whole regimen working together that lasting symptomatic relief will be forthcoming.

20. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
    Can't find 125mg of b5