1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.
John of Ohio

JOH (John of Ohio) Regimen for Meniere's Disease details

1. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
    Yes it was 120 mg would it be safe to go up 250mg ginkgo ...

2. John of Ohio

John of Ohio Active Member

May 17, 2014
    Studies testing ginkgo biloba have used up to 240mg, but in divided doses. So, 120mg taken twice a day, at separate times seems best. One in the morning, another in the afternoon. If any is taken near bedtime sleep may be disrupted.

--John of Ohio

3. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
    Do you still take any supplements I caught the coronavirus and I have a flare up of tintinitis and I can't control it I got no fluid in the ears so I don't think it is attack

4. John of Ohio

May 17, 2014
    To stave off COVID-19 and other viruses (very successfully) I take quercetin each day, along with 7000IU of vitamin D-3. A dozen other supplements, but those aren't specifically antiviral. My multivitamin has 18mg of zinc, which the quercetin (a zinc ionophore) draws into the cytosol (interior) of cells, where the zinc combines with certain enzymes used by viruses to replicate. The zinc is a viral replication toxin, stopping the production of the affected viruses. The vitamin D strengthens the immune system's ability to disable viruses. For, now, with all of this for 20 years I've never had a case of a cold or flu.

--John of Ohio

5. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
    Have a photo of the Dr Berg vitamin because I can't them
    Ok I will try this to try and control the tintinitis

6. JanieJiffy

JanieJiffy Member

Apr 30, 2023
    JOH, do you think L-Lysine, too, staves off cold viruses? Is it worth taking it indefinitely?

7. John of Ohio

May 17, 2014
    No, the enzymes required for the replication of cold viruses are not disabled by the amino acid lysine. Lysine won't stop cold viruses. Sufficient vitamin D-3, 5000 IUs, by strengthening the immune system, can.

--John of Ohio

8. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
    What is best magnesium to take and much

9. John of Ohio

May 17, 2014
    There are a number of magnesium supplements that work. The most common is magnesium oxide. There has been some question about its effectiveness in fixing magnesium deficiencies, as it has been presumed that the magnesium ion it it is not fully absorbed.

Another magnesium is magnesium citrate. Well absorbed, but it can have a laxative effect. For this reason, I could not take it.

I found magnesium glycinate to be less of a diarrhea problem.

But, today, my magnesium supplement is magnesium malate. It is well-absorbed and I’ve had no diarrhea induced by it.

–John of Ohio

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
    How much magnesium would recommend someone take s with menieres

11. John of Ohio

May 17, 2014
    The recommended magnesium amount is generally about 400mg. I take 200mg, as I get approximately 200mg in my diet.

--John of Ohio

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jesus

Jesus New Member

Mar 31, 2021
    Oviedo, Spain
    Is there any problem to take ginkgo and vinpocetine? I would like to try vinpocetine :)

Currently I'm taking:
    • Torasemide
    • Lysine (1g or 2 g when I have cold sores by herpes)
    • Vitamin C 1g
    • Magnesium carbonate 300mg
    • Ginkgo 1 per day (79 mg of Ginkgo Biloba extract (50:1) equivalent to 3950 mg of pure Ginkgo leaf powder per tablet.)
    I'm also taking Dymista nasal spray which has relieved my ear fullness symptoms, but my tinnitus & hear loss are starting to grow in my "good" ear also so I'm bit depressed :(
    Would you recommend anything else?

13. John of Ohio

May 17, 2014
    I'm not familiar with either Torasemide or Dymista. Check with a physician or pharmacist to see if ginkgo or vinpocetine could be problems.

--John of Ohio

14. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
    I can't find the Dr Berg vitamin

15. EkkoMusic

EkkoMusic Member

Jul 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
  17. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
  18. noein

noein New Member

Sep 10, 2021
    I'm about 6 weeks into the regimen (only taking Lysine, lemon bioflavonoid, vinpocetine, ginko biloba, and multi-vitamin supplement). At first, my symptoms worsened (daily dizziness) for a few weeks, but have since significantly improved and have remained this way for several weeks now. My tinnitus is only noticeable now in very quiet settings, no dizziness going on for 3+ weeks, and my hearing has seemingly improved significantly.

I will say that I've had remissions like this before with months of no dizziness, but the interesting part is my tinnitus/hearing is probably the best it's been in well over a year, even through remissions. For example, I can hear my fingers rubbing together gently in my bad ear. Since being diagnosed in 2020, I've never gone more then 3ish months in "remission".

I'll continue to report back overtime for those interested. But so far, thank you JOH, even if it's short lived.

• Like Like x 4
  19. John of Ohio

May 17, 2014
    Thank you for making this informative post. Persist. Let us know how things continue to work out. Very high chance things will continue to get better.

--John of Ohio

20. susan silberman

susan silberman New Member

Sep 1, 2020
    What is the authentic lemon bioflavonoids? I would like to buy the right thing. By which company? How is it listed? Thank you